Accounting Manager 📈
Toronto, Ontario /
Who we are:
Lane was created to change the way people interact with the places they work and the people they work with. That change begins with us. Here at Lane, we are a team of collaborators, re-engineering the nature of work and inventing the technology that complements the modern workplace. We are charting our own course. That’s why we’re creating a team that will be equally equipped to solve the problems of tomorrow as they are to solve the problems of today.
What we do:
Lane is a vastly powerful platform for workplace ecosystems. We are the simple solution to complicated demands. Property managers, employers, and the modern professional deserve a workplace experience that is seamless, connected and builds a community. This includes optimized amenities, timely communication, exclusive perks, building information and much more. Lane connects all the individuals, processes and technologies that make a workplace work.
Who you are:
- An experienced accounting professional who has built and led an accounting function from scratch
- Expert knowledge of accounting principles & budgetary planning. Familiar with introducing and championing these concepts company wide
- Passionate about helping a growing company evolve its financial practice to the next level
- Self-starter who knows how to prioritize, problem solve and thrive in an autonomous environment
- You have a CPA designation
We're counting on you to:
- Bring our accounting function in-house
- Lead the month and year end closing process
- Assist in creating annual budgets and cash flow projections
- Oversee day-to-day accounting functions including timely AR/AP management, bank reconciliations, tax and corporate filings, client invoicing and the management of payroll and benefits for employees
- Work with the team members to prepare for and complete annual audits, tax filing, SR&ED and government funding programs as necessary
- Identify and address gaps/needs and opportunities for improvement and best practices for financial management, risk assessment, compliance and accountability
- Own: the day-to-day accounting function and the development of Lane's overall accounting practice
- Teach: accounting best practices
- Learn: about the opportunities evolving within the rapidly growing industry of proptech
- Improve: Lane’s ability to operate quickly and efficiently via accurate financial understanding
What you'll enioy about Lane:
- High growth - Lane has tripled in size last year, and are working to do it again this year!
- You will wear many hats, be a crucial part of company growth, and take on new initiatives from scratch.
- Work from home stipend of $400 while we tackle remote work!
- When we can return, we work in a creative, downtown office space. Comfort and inspiration are a must at work.
- A stacked leadership team. Our core leadership team is equipped with unmatched industry knowledge and unique past experiences. They are always accessible and eager to work directly with the entire team.
- Self Development & Education Fund. Never stop learning! We support and subsidize many conferences, classes, and books.
- Opportunity to grow and expand within Lane. No closed door policy here. If you are interested in something, join the meeting!
- Health Care Coverage and flexible personal & sick days. We want our team to be happy and healthy :)
- Access to the latest technology and a brand new Macbook on the first day!
At Lane, we are committed to cultivating a diverse workforce, inclusive culture, and investing in equity in all areas of the business. If you require any assistance throughout the interview process please do not hesitate to contact us so we can work with your needs.