Head of Sales 🌎
Sales & Marketing
Who we are:
Lane was created to change the way people interact with the places they work and the people they work with. That change begins with us. Here at Lane, we are a team of collaborators, re-engineering the nature of work and inventing the technology that complements the modern workplace. We are charting our own course. That’s why we’re creating a team that will be equally equipped to solve the problems of tomorrow as they are to solve the problems of today.
What we do:
Lane is a vastly powerful platform for workplace ecosystems. We are the simple solution to complicated demands. Property managers, employers, and the modern professional deserve a workplace experience that is seamless, connected and builds a community. This includes optimized amenities, timely communication, exclusive perks, building information and much more. Lane connects all the individuals, processes and technologies that make a workplace work.
Who you are:
- You have been progressing in leadership roles within SaaS organizations for over 7 years with at least 4 years experience in a direct sales role
- Experience leading an Account Based Marketing sales methodology
- Deep familiarity with the Commercial Real Estate space or SaaS enterprise sales
- Experience building and leading a sales team
- Demonstrated ability to take a lead role and evolve as the company grows
- Experience with new-market creation and category dominance
- Expert in Hubspot or an equivalent CRM tool
- Be able to travel across North America when necessary
- Thrive in an autonomous environment
- Self-starter who knows how to prioritize and problem solve
- Positively realistic with a meticulous attention to detail
- Experience working across teams in a fast-paced startup environment
- Interested in and have a basic understanding of progressive technology
We're counting on you to:
- Develop, lead and execute on Lane’s go to market strategy, connecting the business strategy to our targeted customers
- Execute as a player and coach while we continue to refine Lane’s sales process, working closely with the Founders, leadership, and the current sales team
- Develop and implement robust sales management processes – pipeline, account planning, and proposals
- Be the point person on large-scale, multi-national, portfolio level deals
- Lead, manage and coach the sales team to achieve ambitious sales targets
- Work cross-functionally to lead and complete RFP processes for large deals
- Develop, evolve and lead all pricing strategies
- Collaborate with the marketing team to build the Lane brand and generate a strong pipeline of business
- Fill management gaps by building and training individuals and teams in Sales and Customer Success
- Work closely with product team to identify new areas of growth
- Represent Lane as a leader at trade shows, conferences and industry events
- Drive a “lean startup” style environment of constant experimentation and learning
- Leverage customer data, analysis and research to provide strategic leadership and team-wide awareness
- Own: the entire go to market strategy, providing leadership and management to assure the success of its installation and execution.
- Teach: best practices so that successes and ‘lessons learned’ are leveraged. In lockstep with your peers on our Leadership Team, you will craft and communicate our vision and then transform that vision into a long-term strategy for pioneering new markets and opportunities for Lane.
- Learn: real time trends, stats and intel on what the commercial real estate giants want and need.
- Improve: productivity and effectiveness, create market positioning and competitive advantages, and determine budget trade-offs with the goal of continually improving and developing sustainable results.
What you'll enjoy about Lane:
- High growth - Lane has tripled in size this year and plans to do it again in 2020. You will wear many hats, be a crucial part of company growth and take on new initiatives from scratch.
- Work in a creative, downtown office space. Comfort and inspiration are a must at work.
- A stacked leadership team. Our core leadership team is equipped with unmatched industry knowledge and unique past experiences. They are always accessible and eager to work directly with the entire team.
- Self Development & Education Fund. Never stop learning! We support and subsidize many conferences, classes and books.
- Opportunity to grow and expand within Lane. No closed door policy here. If you are interested in something, join the meeting!
- Health Care Coverage. We want our team to be happy and healthy :)
- Flexible vacation and sick days.
- New Macbook on the first day!
- Regular Friday lunches with the team.
Your application will be reviewed by Kate (she's real - not a bot 👩🦰). Kate is looking forward to learning about your past experiences and your future goals. She will get back to you in 48 hours.