Office Manager 🗂
Who we are:
Lane was created to change the way people interact with the places they work and the people they work with. That change begins with us. Here at Lane, we are a team of collaborators, re-engineering the nature of work and inventing the technology that complements the modern workplace. We are charting our own course. That’s why we’re creating a team that will be equally equipped to solve the problems of tomorrow as they are to solve the problems of today.
What we do:
Lane is a vastly powerful platform for workplace ecosystems. We are the simple solution to complicated demands. Property managers, employers, and the modern professional deserve a workplace experience that is seamless, connected and builds a community. This includes optimized amenities, timely communication, exclusive perks, building information and much more. Lane connects all the individuals, processes and technologies that make a workplace work.
Who you are:
- You are attracted to chaos as it’s an opportunity to organize
- You like to work on various projects at one time
- You easily juggle the requests and expectations of many people
- You enjoy being the point person to help with questions or concerns
- Thrive in an autonomous environment
- Self-starter who knows how to prioritize and problem solve
- Positively realistic with a meticulous attention to detail
- The kid who always asked “Why?” too much
- Experience working across teams in a fast-paced startup environment
- Interested in and have a basic understanding of progressive technology
We're counting on you to:
- Champion Lane’s office experience - establishing new guidelines, supplies and rituals to continuously improve our everyday workplace experience
- Own the asset management and fulfillment of all supplies for Lane, including purchasing, managing and tracking
- Work with the leadership team to establish budgets for tech supplies, events, snacks, etc.
- Process all incoming mail, packages, invoices and cheques
- Create a welcoming experience for all new hires by making sure their workspace is ready
- Book and manage all company travel and oversee vacation time of all team members
- Setup the conference equipment for weekly team meetings
- Remotely help our Denver and NYC offices with purchasing and managing office supplies
- Work with our service providers for all purchases, tech repairs and account changes
- Help with internal event coordination for Lane socials, holiday parties, lunch and learns, etc.
- Own: all aspects of the daily operations in the Lane office.
- Teach: the wider Lane team how to prioritize and multi-task effortlessly with leading by example.
- Learn: about the commercial real estate and proptech, naturally becoming an expert in the industry.
- Improve: how we purchase assets, why we purchase them, their quality and how they are tracked.
What you'll enjoy about Lane:
- High growth - Lane has tripled in size this year and plans to do it again in 2020. You will wear many hats, be a crucial part of company growth and take on new initiatives from scratch.
- Work in a creative, downtown office space. Comfort and inspiration are a must at work.
- A stacked leadership team. Our core leadership team is equipped with unmatched industry knowledge and unique past experiences. They are always accessible and eager to work directly with the entire team.
- Self Development & Education Fund. Never stop learning! We support and subsidize many conferences, classes and books.
- Opportunity to grow and expand within Lane. No closed door policy here. If you are interested in something, join the meeting!
- Health Care Coverage. We want our team to be happy and healthy :)
- Flexible vacation and sick days.
- Work from home from time to time, because winter sucks.
- New Macbook on the first day!
- Regular Friday lunches with the team.
Your application will be reviewed by Kate (she's real - not a bot 👩🦰). Kate is looking forward to learning about your past experiences and your future goals. She will get back to you in 48 hours.