QA Engineering Co-op (Winter 2021)
Toronto, Ontario /
Who we are:
Lane was created to change the way people interact with the places they work and the people they work with. That change begins with us. Here at Lane, we are a team of collaborators, re-engineering the nature of work and inventing the technology that complements the modern workplace. We are charting our own course. That’s why we’re creating a team that will be equally equipped to solve the problems of tomorrow as they are to solve the problems of today.
What we do:
Lane is a vastly powerful platform for workplace ecosystems. We are the simple solution to complicated demands. Property managers, employers, and the modern professional deserve a workplace experience that is seamless, connected and builds a community. This includes optimized amenities, timely communication, exclusive perks, building information and much more. Lane connects all the individuals, processes and technologies that make a workplace work.
Who you are:
- You are a Computer Science or Engineering Student with an interest in joining a tech start-up
- Experience in software manual & automation testing, methodology, scripting in an Agile development environment is an asset
- Experience with testing mobile applications and APIs is an asset
- Interest and basic knowledge of test planning, testing methodologies, test automation
- Energized by collaborating and teaching others
- Thrive in an autonomous environment
- Self-starter who knows how to prioritize and problem solve
- Positively realistic with a meticulous attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Interested in and have a basic understanding of progressive technology
We're counting on you to:
- Ensure that the Lane platform (web, ios & android + 16 whitelabels) meet the technical standards set out by the Product & Engineering teams
- Maintain and execute project test plans and test cases as required
- Performing and documenting the manual testing of mobile apps and web systems
- Participate in the testing activities including designing test plans, scenarios, scripts, and procedures.
- Participate in the development of automated test scripts and tooling that address test areas such as functional, regression, performance, reliability, security and usability testing
- Ensure that all test cases, scripts, test data and other related test automation artifacts are kept up-to-date
- Ensure all defects are logged and documented according to the company’s Engineering standards in a bug tracking system
- Investigate and troubleshoot customer reported issues, escalated by customer support when needed
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems
- Provide feedback and recommendations to developers on software usability and functionality
- Review product documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance and completeness
- Demonstrate the ability to make positive contributions and work effectively in a team environment
- Own: the quality assurance process and standards at Lane.
- Teach: the Lane team how to assess and document defects while ensuring the development team acts on the presented defects.
- Learn: about automation testing and commercial real estate and proptech, becoming an expert in the industry standards.
- Improve: Lane’s process of risk analysis, mitigation and prevention.
What you'll enjoy about Lane:
- High growth - Lane has tripled in size last year, and are working to do it again this year!
- You will wear many hats, be a crucial part of company growth, and take on new initiatives from scratch.
- When we can return, we work in a creative, downtown office space. Comfort and inspiration are a must at work.
- A stacked leadership team. Our core leadership team is equipped with unmatched industry knowledge and unique past experiences. They are always accessible and eager to work directly with the entire team.
- Opportunity to grow and expand within Lane. No closed door policy here. If you are interested in something, join the meeting!
At Lane, we are committed to cultivating a diverse workforce, inclusive culture, and investing in equity in all areas of the business. If you require any assistance throughout the interview process please do not hesitate to contact us so we can work with your needs.