Director of Product 📲
Who we are:
Lane was created to change the way people interact with the places they work and the people they work with. That change begins with us. Here at Lane, we are a team of collaborators, re-engineering the nature of work and inventing the technology that complements the modern workplace. We are charting our own course. That’s why we’re creating a team that will be equally equipped to solve the problems of tomorrow as they are to solve the problems of today.
What we do:
Lane is a vastly powerful platform for workplace ecosystems. We are the simple solution to complicated demands. Property managers, employers, and the modern professional deserve a workplace experience that is seamless, connected and builds a community. This includes optimized amenities, timely communication, exclusive perks, building information and much more. Lane connects all the individuals, processes and technologies that make a workplace work.
Who you are:
- An experienced and collaborative leader
- Experience in managing and improving a live product in market
- Have your own opinion on product development best practices
- Practiced in building and leading a product team to success
- Decide which products features we build and why we build them
- A successful track record of identifying and understanding customer needs in new or ambiguous problem spaces and building solutions that operate at enormous scale
- Proven experience in establishing product direction and strategy
- Technically strong with the ability to read & digest APIs
- Experience shipping multiple features or integrations
- A strong drive to use data to make decisions, set success metrics, and share results
- Past experience creating technical documentation specifications and manuals for software products
- An entrepreneurial mindset. You must be comfortable rolling up your sleeves, thriving in ambiguity, and getting the work done
- Positively realistic with a meticulous attention to detail
We're counting on you to:
- Translate our customer feedback, market intelligence, corporate vision, and business strategy into immediate, short and long-term product roadmap
- Lead, inspire and manage a team of Product Managers, UX/UI Leads and Analysts
- Manage the product team to plan, execute and drive industry leading product strategy
- Participate in the product strategy with Chief Product Officer and Director of Engineering
- Ensure product team operates in an organized, timely manner
- Work closely with our clients to truly understand their problems, and turn those problems into solutions on Lane
- Be the expert of our product and its capabilities
- Work with the design team, customer success team and development to create and communicate a vision for how we can best solve these problems in the most effective way possible
- Be strategic and tactical, help create and manage the product documentation, while ensuring we maintain the expected pace
- Continue to hire and nurture top talent for the product teams and the Toronto office broadly
- Own: The strategy and management of the Lane platform, overseeing all initiatives.
- Teach: The Lane team the latest product updates, planned features and industry standards.
- Learn: Everything there is to know about proptech, CRE and saas to produce an unmatched platform.
- Improve: Our deep-level thinking into our product creation process and the effect it has on our various stakeholders.
What you'll enioy about Lane:
- High growth - Lane has tripled in size this year and plans to do it again in 2020. You will wear many hats, be a crucial part of company growth and take on new initiatives from scratch.
- Work in a creative, downtown office space. Comfort and inspiration are a must at work.
- A stacked leadership team. Our core leadership team is equipped with unmatched industry knowledge and unique past experiences. They are always accessible and eager to work directly with the entire team.
- Self Development & Education Fund. Never stop learning! We support and subsidize many conferences, classes and books.
- Opportunity to grow and expand within Lane. No closed door policy here. If you are interested in something, join the meeting!
- Health Care Coverage. We want our team to be happy and healthy :)
- Flexible vacation and sick days.
- Work from home from time to time, because winter sucks.
- New Macbook on the first day!
- Regular Friday lunches with the team.
Your application will be reviewed by Kate (she's real - not a bot 👩🦰). Kate is looking forward to learning about your past experiences and your future goals. She will get back to you in 48 hours.