Head of Talent Acquisition 🔍
Who we are:
Lane was created to change the way people interact with the places they work and the people they work with. That change begins with us. Here at Lane, we are a team of collaborators, re-engineering the nature of work and inventing the technology that complements the modern workplace. We are charting our own course. That’s why we’re creating a team that will be equally equipped to solve the problems of tomorrow as they are to solve the problems of today.
What we do:
Lane is a vastly powerful platform for workplace ecosystems. We are the simple solution to complicated demands. Property managers, employers, and the modern professional deserve a workplace experience that is seamless, connected and builds a community. This includes optimized amenities, timely communication, exclusive perks, building information and much more. Lane connects all the individuals, processes and technologies that make a workplace work.
Who you are:
- You are a seasoned talent strategist with experience hiring at scale
- You have hired engineers, c-suites and everything in between
- You can prioritize and delegate to fulfill the monthly hiring plan
- You easily juggle the requests and expectations of many people
- You’re well connected into the Toronto tech ecosystem
- Previous experience building out successful recruitment strategies and campaigns
- You enjoy being the point person for any recruitment-related requests
- An entrepreneurial type that thrives in an autonomous and high growth environment
- Self-starter who knows how to prioritize and problem solve
- Positively realistic with a meticulous attention to detail
- Interested in and have a basic understanding of progressive technology
We're counting on you to:
- Help us grow from 40 to 100+ employees this year
- Get strategic with Lane’s entire talent acquisition process from end to end
- Raise awareness of Lane as one of the most exciting and best places to work
- Develop and manage a healthy recruitment pipeline in Canada, USA, and abroad
- Direct Lanes recruitment based marketing efforts to maximize impact from networking, referrals, postings, social, and marketing
- Manage budgets and associated spend for advertising, tooling and partnerships
- Work with the operations team to build out short term and long term hiring plans
- Coach and collaborate with hiring managers to build best practices for defining needed roles, preparing job descriptions and conducting effective interviews
- Develop proactive sourcing strategies to engage and nurture a pipeline of passive talent
- Build and maintain strong relationships with industry partners including agency recruiters, universities and software providers
- Own: the evolution and development of Lane’s recruitment practice.
- Teach: the wider Lane team how to tap into their professional networks to find local talent.
- Learn: about commercial real estate and proptech, naturally becoming an expert in the industry.
- Improve: our recruitment strategy, marketing campaigns and how effectively we hire.
What you'll enioy about Lane:
- High growth - Lane has tripled in size this year and plans to do it again in 2020. You will wear many hats, be a crucial part of company growth and take on new initiatives from scratch.
- Work in a creative, downtown office space. Comfort and inspiration are a must at work.
- A stacked leadership team. Our core leadership team is equipped with unmatched industry knowledge and unique past experiences. They are always accessible and eager to work directly with the entire team.
- Self Development & Education Fund. Never stop learning! We support and subsidize many conferences, classes and books.
- Opportunity to grow and expand within Lane. No closed door policy here. If you are interested in something, join the meeting!
- Health Care Coverage. We want our team to be happy and healthy :)
- Flexible vacation and sick days.
- New Macbook on the first day!
- Regular Friday lunches with the team.
Your application will be reviewed by Kate (she's real - not a bot 👩🦰). Kate is looking forward to learning about your past experiences and your future goals. She will get back to you in 48 hours.