Lead Site Reliability Engineer/ Infrastructure Operations
Lincoln – Engineering /
Hydra Host's cross-cloud infrastructure is a cutting edge solution that promises to offer superior resilience and reliability for a variety of uses cases, from CSP outages to direct adversarial attacks. As a result, we have over 100 customers in our pipeline waiting simply on certain must have feature releases and on-boarding capacity. As such we have a pressing need to make their migrations and the resulting operational overhead as smooth as possible as quickly as possible, in order to allow the customer facing feature development team and sales team to focus on what they do best.
As the Lead SRE, you'll work with our cross disciplinary team to automate the migrations of customer applications to our truly unique cross-cloud hosting infrastructure. In addition to simple migrations, you'll also work to monitor these application environments and help respond to situations that may impact uptime. Most importantly, you will be tasked with automating these tasks as well as build a dedicated operations team in order to help Hydra Host scale.
An ideal candidate you are looking to jump into tackling these challenges with the intention of automating away as much of your initial job roles as possible, helping put in place standardized processes to fill the gaps that can be handled later on by much more junior team members. This candidate is looking to grow quickly within a rapidly growing organization, is extremely adaptable, and always looking for where they can contribute the most value. We have no interest in telling this candidate how to go about accomplishing their immediate tasks. We'd like them to tell us.
- Minimum 3–5 years in SRE, Dev Ops, Net Ops, or other related roles
- Excellent creative problem solving skills and communication ability
- High proficiency in automation with previous experience in infrastructure orchestration and operations
- High proficiency in at least one of the following: software defined networking, linux kernel development, site reliability engineering, multi-cloud or cross-cloud infrastructure
- Knowledge of, and experience with a wide array of application stacks
- Knowledge of, and experience with multiple cloud hosting providers