Full-Stack Software Engineer
Lincoln – Product /
Full-time, Competitive Compensation & Benefits
Location: US Resident, All Remote Work
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is passionate about building disruptive products that build on policy wins and maybe even make policy obsolete. You will be directly developing, deploying, leading and managing other engineers. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment, work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out products that deliver on Lincoln’s shared vision and strategy of bridging the gap between policy and technology. Together, we can make real change that has a lasting impact.
Our projects span from responsive web to native mobile, so the ideal candidate will enjoy a lot of variety, and must have the ability to operate seamlessly across multiple projects.
We operate like a fast-growing startup, so this role offers the opportunity to constantly develop new skills, be a self-starter, explore new target markets, and strongly influence product direction.
An Ideal Candidate Exhibits:
Accountability and Ownership
You will fully own the strategic and tactical execution of all your work owning not only the inputs but the outputs as well.
You will monitor key performance indicators for all relevant business data and report on daily, weekly and monthly trends. You may be asked to create and maintain a dashboard of key analytics.
Industry Trends & Best Practices
Stay up to date of trends and emerging channels. Identify and deliver innovative opportunities to bring fresh, creative thinking to ensure Lincoln leverages technology in surprising and provocative ways.
Work closely with the Lincoln Studio team, contractors, and Lincoln’s community tech experts, sharing in and leveraging their diverse experience to drive client work.
Clear and concise communication is important to success in this role.
- Meet with donors and determine requirements for donor funded projects
- Design solutions to client challenges that maximize deliverable value
- Create project/execution plans to deliver on and complete client commitments
- Clearly communicate status updates, expectation setting, deliverables etc. with donors and other members of the Lincoln Studio team
- Work collaboratively to deliver best in class products
- You will help source and sign new donor work
- Functionally your work may include the following:
- Wireframing new web and mobile experiences
- Conducting user experience research studies
- Leveraging online services such as usertesting.com to run sentiment analysis on designs
-Doing quantitative analysis of web/mobile analytics data and surfacing key actionable conclusions
- Helping our team develop organizational processes that identify and address bottlenecks with the goal of increasing team throughput. This could include but is not limited to implementing agile management tools and creating process maps of workflows
- Help conceive of, design and launch new products
Ideal Candidates Have:
- Proven experience as a Senior Software Engineer
- Extensive experience in software development, scripting and project management
- Strong understanding of fundamental web concepts (client/server relationships, RESTful APIs, JS, HTML/CSS, etc)
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB)
- Experience with the full web development process, from concept to development to deployment to assessment
- Familiar with lean/agile development methodologies
- Comfortable with developer collaboration workflows like GitSelf-sufficient and self-reliant
- Strong communication skills
- Strong leadership & management skills
Minimum Skill Requirements (at least fluent, preferably expert):
- HTML, CSS, at least a basic understanding
- Clear communication
- Self-accountability, Problem-solving/Troubleshooting
-An understanding of these basic concepts, prioritized:
Other needed skills: (If you don’t have these skills, you will will/may have to learn them):
- Serverless applications
- Serverless functions / Lambda functions
- Fauna DB
Bonus if candidates have experience with any of the following:
- Data mining/scraping
- Data architecture
- Regular Expressions
- Graphic Design (eye for precision and detail, as well as improvising un-mocked layout when necessary)
- Develop high-quality software design and architectureIdentify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug code
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Ensure software is up-to-date with latest technologies
We offer a nice benefits package to employees, in addition to competitive salaries and the convenience of working from anywhere:
- Health/dental/vision insurance for employee 🧑⚕️
- 401K - 6% match 💰
- Tax-advantaged bonus structure 💸
- Flexible vacation policy 🛫
- Work from anywhere 🌎