Care Concierge Specialist
United States /
Operations – Clinical Operations /
Permanent full time
Papa and our Papa Pals represent a new category of care, to quite literally meet our members where they are. Social determinants of health, including the public health crisis that is loneliness, have huge impacts on people’s health, and on their lives. The Papa team and our tens of thousands of Papa Pals are here to provide companionship, support, and care to millions of families.
Backed by amazing partners, Papa has raised $240M in funding. Our investors include SoftBank Vision Fund 2, TCG, Tiger Global Management, Canaan, Comcast Ventures, Pivotal Ventures (Melinda Gates’ fund), Initialized Capital, Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher’s fund), YCombinator, Operator Partners, and Magnify Ventures.
Papa, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We proudly support the ParityPledge® for gender and/or racial parity at the highest levels of business.
About the Role:
The Care Concierge Specialist reports to the Manager of Clinical Operations and will ensure members receive personal benefit plan guidance in navigating their unique healthcare challenges. They will work with our members to coordinate care between the Papa Pal’s and the patients. The Care Concierge Specialist will work to make outreach calls to members and work with them to make sure they are getting the healthcare and benefits they deserve. This role works within a fast paced, challenging team environment with the goal of ensuring healthcare delivery to our patients with the Pal’s help.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain key performance indicators (KPI, OKR)
- Call patients base on health risk stratification and work with them to coordinate care
- Coordinate care between the patients, providers, health plans and Papa Pal’s
- Schedule members AWV and ensure they get seen by a provider
- Work with patients to get care gap closure
- Work with patients to identify health care needs and do an in depth benefits review while working with the member and Pal to make sure the patient gets the benefit they need
- Work with patients to get them access to providers that they need to see
- Non-hierarchical, with a willingness to roll-up your sleeves, multitask and dive into details
- A lack of ego, driven by group outcome, not the individual outcome
- Committed to supporting a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environment
- MA preferred
- 3+ years clinical experience in chronic care management, remote patient monitoring, population health, preventive medicine, gerontology, or internal medicine
- Two (2) years experience in healthcare commercial industry, preferred
- Three (3) year experience leading a virtual primary care or virtual urgent care organization, preferred
- Bachelor’s degree, required, Master’s degree, preferred
- Experience with the Medicare Advantage population highly desirable
Papa’s culture is People-first. While we have an incredible team of hard working Papa people, at the end of the day, our company is really about family and community – and we celebrate that among our employees. We encourage everyone to truly bring their whole authentic selves to work. To be transparent. To be non-hierarchical. And, above all, to be a really good person.
We see ourselves as a place where every Papa employee feels they belong, a place where careers flourish, a place that brings back purpose and joy to work, a culture where visionaries/entrepreneurs are developed.
Papa’s mission is at the core of our total rewards philosophy wherein we attract and retain high potential talent aligned with our journey. We offer gender neutral and inclusive parental leave policies that offer up to 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave. We immensely value the benefits of a flexible workplace, while designing remote-first principles we ensured that Papa people feel psychologically safe about their career interests while being remote.
Beyond benefits: We want to take care of the whole employee and their families. To stay true to this commitment, we offer family care leave in addition to a generous paid time off policy, 401(k) match up to 4%; family forming support through access to Carrot; emotional health support tools through our medical plans such as Ginger, Happify ; access to women’s leadership network CHIEF to our senior women leaders and a host of events through a monthly culture calendar that enable emotional connectedness in a remote work environment.