People and Culture – HR Administration /
Permanent full time
Papa and our Papa Pals represent a new category of care, to quite literally meet our members where they are. Social determinants of health, including the public health crisis that is loneliness, have huge impacts on people’s health, and on their lives. The Papa team and our tens of thousands of Papa Pals are here to provide companionship, support, and care to millions of families.
Backed by amazing partners, Papa has raised $240M in funding. Our investors include SoftBank Vision Fund 2, TCG, Tiger Global Management, Canaan, Comcast Ventures, Pivotal Ventures (Melinda Gates’ fund), Initialized Capital, Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher’s fund), YCombinator, Operator Partners, and Magnify Ventures.
Papa, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We proudly support the ParityPledge® for gender and/or racial parity at the highest levels of business.
The HRBP, Generalist role is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated and expressive individual to take a hands-on approach to support numerous HR functions including employee relations, performance management, employee lifecycle management, and other duties as assigned. An ideal candidate will have effective time management strategies, excellent interpersonal communication, and the ability to identify and develop leaders. This role will have the opportunity to play a critical role through the coaching of managers and championing company goals and cultural initiatives.
Essential Job Functions:
● Build strong relationships with leaders, partnering with People & Culture team, and cross-functional departments
● Acts as a liaison to the People Operations department regarding absence management, payroll, and other HR operational tasks
● Provide an effective and dedicated HR advisory service to employees in relation to absence and health issues, conduct and capability, grievance matters, and all other employee relations matters
● Handle administrative tasks as it relates to the employee life cycle
● Assist in the communication, interpretation, and development of policies and procedures
● Ensures compliance and alignment with federal, state, and local laws and company HR policies and practices
● Perform duties consistent with the company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies
● Performs other duties as required/assigned by Manager, HRBP
Education & Experience Requirements
● Bachelor’s degree in HR, business, or a related field pre
● At least 3 years of proven HR Generalist experience
● Knowledge of federal/country and state/province employment laws/regulations
● Experience in a remote or hybrid environment preferred
● Demonstrated ability to successfully manage conflict and use good judgment
● Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization, up to and including senior levels
● Strong relationship-building & team collaboration skills
Location: Miami, FL or Remote US
Salary & Benefits:
● Market competitive salary
● Health Care, Vision, Dental
Job Type: Full-time This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change. Papa will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and other appropriate statutes.
Papa’s culture is People-first. While we have an incredible team of hard working Papa people, at the end of the day, our company is really about family and community – and we celebrate that among our employees. We encourage everyone to truly bring their whole authentic selves to work. To be transparent. To be non-hierarchical. And, above all, to be a really good person.
We see ourselves as a place where every Papa employee feels they belong, a place where careers flourish, a place that brings back purpose and joy to work, a culture where visionaries/entrepreneurs are developed.
Papa’s mission is at the core of our total rewards philosophy wherein we attract and retain high potential talent aligned with our journey. We offer gender neutral and inclusive parental leave policies that offer up to 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave. We immensely value the benefits of a flexible workplace, while designing remote-first principles we ensured that Papa people feel psychologically safe about their career interests while being remote.
Beyond benefits: We want to take care of the whole employee and their families. To stay true to this commitment, we offer family care leave in addition to a generous paid time off policy, 401(k) match up to 4%; family forming support through access to Carrot; emotional health support tools through our medical plans such as Ginger, Happify ; access to women’s leadership network CHIEF to our senior women leaders and a host of events through a monthly culture calendar that enable emotional connectedness in a remote work environment.