Supervisor, Contact Center- Bilingual (Spanish)
Operations – Care team /
Permanent full time
Papa and our Papa Pals represent a new category of care, to quite literally meet our members where they are. Social determinants of health, including the public health crisis that is loneliness, have huge impacts on people’s health, and on their lives. The Papa team and our tens of thousands of Papa Pals are here to provide companionship, support, and care to millions of families.
Backed by amazing partners, Papa has raised $240M in funding. Our investors include SoftBank Vision Fund 2, TCG, Tiger Global Management, Canaan, Comcast Ventures, Pivotal Ventures (Melinda Gates’ fund), Initialized Capital, Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher’s fund), YCombinator, Operator Partners, and Magnify Ventures.
Papa, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We proudly support the ParityPledge® for gender and/or racial parity at the highest levels of business.
About the Role:
In partnership with management and other leaders, the Supervisor will oversee daily operations and specific administrative functions of the centralized Care Center. The Supervisor will assist with frontline service delivery and serve as the first point of contact for any employee-related concerns. The supervisor serves as a mentor and role model to frontline staff and will be readily available to provide team members with the tools and training needed to meet established service goals. In addition to supporting employees and direct service delivery, the Supervisor will act as a single point of contact for initial communication with interdependent functions within the Care Center. As such, they are responsible for facilitating bidirectional communication between frontline staff, other Care Center functions, and leadership. In addition to assisting with these functions, the Supervisor may be responsible for managing staff schedules, approving leave, and assisting with payroll, among other functions; there may be instances when this position is requested to perform additional duties on behalf of the Care Center leadership.
Because the Care Center is a technology-dependent department, the Supervisor must demonstrate competence to operate across various technology platforms. The Supervisor must exhibit strong dedication to providing outstanding customer service, accept responsibility for maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all, and ensure the delivery of a high-quality service that consistently meets established performance indicators within a rapidly growing organization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate through behavior Papa’s mission, vision, values and service standards
- Oversee, assume accountability, and perform administrative duties for the daily and ongoing function of assigned functional area(s)
- Serve as teams’ liaison and advocate with other departments for the purpose of customer advocacy, clear communication, continuity of operations, and any other events that impact our customer’s experience
- Maintain competence to resolve direct consumer interactions during high-volume times or when frontline employees require additional support within assigned functional area(s)
- Monitor and report on service performance, including volumes, wait times, abandonment rates, and other core productivity and performance measures in real-time and retrospectively
- Find a balance between improving operational excellence, managing KPIs, and building progressive and engaged teams
- Handles escalated calls from customers often involving time sensitive situations, and resolves them to the customer’s satisfaction, while adhering to all company and regulatory policies and procedures. Ensuring timely intervention when needed and provides follow through on interaction
- Communicate to team members and demonstrate through action the importance of providing consumers with excellent customer service
- Provide coaching and ensure team members are equipped with the tools and training needed to meet accuracy standards, productivity, and customer service goals
- Audit performance and provide education to frontline staff to maintain or exceed accuracy standards; communicate these efforts to the quality and training teams to identify and enhance new hire and ongoing training and quality efforts
- Demonstrate expert human relations and influencing skills that encourage results and promote continuous process improvement and cultural alignment
- Present regular written and verbal direction to employees to ensure they are well-informed of their performance of job responsibilities and attendance
- Ensures appropriate interactions with front line team members, cross-functional team members and other key partners, are appropriately documented, addressed and communicated
- Displays a commitment to ongoing learning by developing your team; ensuring programs are in place and encouraging frequent recognition to drive performance
- Ensures compliance with corporate and departmental policies and guidelines
- Identifies areas of opportunity through customer feedback, interaction with functional leaders; support trends and analysis to positively influence support strategy, team performance and service improvement
- Ensures day to day application of policies, procedures, and performance standards to ensure quality customer service and accuracy
- Collaborate with Employee Relations and HR in recruiting and hiring top talent, develop team members, address performance issues, and oversee performance development coaching
- Contributes to a positive work environment that encourages retention and talent
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among peers and team members
Knowledge and Skill:
- Demonstrated leadership skills; the ability to take the lead in making improvements and resolving issues
- Personal integrity and an ability to work under stress in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in time management with superior prioritization skills
- Self-motivator, quick thinker, proactive, and detail- and results-oriented
- Demonstrated interpersonal, customer relations, and communication skills with the ability to use discretion when discussing confidential personnel or consumer-related issues
- Demonstrated ability in successfully collaborating with multiple departments
- Strong problem-solving skills, with ability to handle complex scenarios
- Effective at leading by example
- Strong organizational and coordination skills
- Ability to communicate professionally while maintaining confidence, confidentiality, integrity, and objectivity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, the ability to communicate in a clear, constructive, and professional manner
- Remaining customer-centric when managing communications and issues.
- Demonstration of regular, consistent and punctual attendance
- Experience and proven track record with change management in a large omni-channel contact center setting
- Proven ability to use data analytics to identify trends and to help drive performance.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, customer relations, and communication skills
- Ability to lead or facilitate training and education
- Ability to coach and develop frontline associates to achieve personal and organizational goals
- General understanding of cloud based telephony systems, IVR, skill-based priority routing, chat, email, and associated reporting
- Working knowledge of Workforce Mgmt. workflows and protocols
- Expertise in contact center interaction quality management
- Proficiency in business systems, including Google Workspace, Microsoft Suite, and CRM.
- Flexible schedule, willing to work off hours and weekends
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
- At least two years of leadership experience; ideally in a contact center environment OR Currently in a lead position within the department for at least 6 months.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
Papa’s culture is People-first. While we have an incredible team of hard working Papa people, at the end of the day, our company is really about family and community – and we celebrate that among our employees. We encourage everyone to truly bring their whole authentic selves to work. To be transparent. To be non-hierarchical. And, above all, to be a really good person.
We see ourselves as a place where every Papa employee feels they belong, a place where careers flourish, a place that brings back purpose and joy to work, a culture where visionaries/entrepreneurs are developed.
Papa’s mission is at the core of our total rewards philosophy wherein we attract and retain high potential talent aligned with our journey. We offer gender neutral and inclusive parental leave policies that offer up to 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave. We immensely value the benefits of a flexible workplace, while designing remote-first principles we ensured that Papa people feel psychologically safe about their career interests while being remote.
Beyond benefits: We want to take care of the whole employee and their families. To stay true to this commitment, we offer family care leave in addition to a generous paid time off policy, 401(k) match up to 4%; family forming support through access to Carrot; emotional health support tools through our medical plans such as Ginger, Happify ; access to women’s leadership network CHIEF to our senior women leaders and a host of events through a monthly culture calendar that enable emotional connectedness in a remote work environment.