Operations – Marketplace Operations /
Permanent full time
Papa and our Papa Pals represent a new category of care, to quite literally meet our members where they are. Social determinants of health, including the public health crisis that is loneliness, have huge impacts on people’s health, and on their lives. The Papa team and our tens of thousands of Papa Pals are here to provide companionship, support, and care to millions of families.
Backed by amazing partners, Papa has raised $240M in funding. Our investors include SoftBank Vision Fund 2, TCG, Tiger Global Management, Canaan, Comcast Ventures, Pivotal Ventures (Melinda Gates’ fund), Initialized Capital, Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher’s fund), YCombinator, Operator Partners, and Magnify Ventures.
Papa, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We proudly support the ParityPledge® for gender and/or racial parity at the highest levels of business.
About the Role
As a Care Associate, you will be visiting members (mostly 65+) and providing services from car rides and companionship, to hanging out and watching movies, to light house work and running errands. Drive time may be up to 3 hours one-way, but gas mileage is reimbursed round trip. Visits last an average of 2 hours, and you’ll be completing 1 to 3 visits each day, depending on how far they are from your home. To be a fit, you must be passionate about helping others, a great communicator, and able to drive on a daily basis.
We’re currently hiring in MI, FL, PA, IL, WI, AR, AZ, KS, and RI within these counties:
MI: Kent, Lenawee, Van Buren
IL: Cook, Dupage, Kane, Lake, McHenry, Ogle
WI: Dane, Sauk
KS: Johnson, Wyandotte
Essential Job Functions:
- Remotely travel to and from
- Drive Members to the doctor’s, to work, to the bank or anywhere they need to go.
- Engage in great conversations, watch movies, play board games, and more.
- Help Members around the house with laundry, light cleaning, meal prep, and more.
- Run errands with members, like grocery shopping, hair salon, etc.
- Occasionally, assist with company recruitment locally.
- Occasionally, connect with a Member on a virtual visit through our app.
- Friendly, patient, emotionally intelligent, empathetic and respectful
- Tech-savvy (ability to operate several applications simultaneously)
- Comfortable using Zoom and communication apps (such as Slack)
- Ability to learn quickly and adjusts easily to feedback
- Comfortable doing light housework (vacuuming, mopping, washing dishes)
- Good communicator and an active listener
- Energetic and mission-oriented
- Fluent in English (bilingual is a plus)
- Comfortable driving a maximum of 6 hours to and from visits daily
- Must have access to a vehicle with valid insurance and a valid driver license
- Caregiver experience is a definite plus but not required (no specific certification required)
- Comfortable with changing priorities within operational needs
Salary & Benefits:
Full time, non-exempt employment
$.28/mile Gas Mileage Reimbursement
Health benefits, PTO + paid holidays (available after 90-days)
Health Care, Vision, Dental
401K + matching
Papa’s culture is People-first. While we have an incredible team of hard working Papa people, at the end of the day, our company is really about family and community – and we celebrate that among our employees. We encourage everyone to truly bring their whole authentic selves to work. To be transparent. To be non-hierarchical. And, above all, to be a really good person.
We see ourselves as a place where every Papa employee feels they belong, a place where careers flourish, a place that brings back purpose and joy to work, a culture where visionaries/entrepreneurs are developed.
Papa’s mission is at the core of our total rewards philosophy wherein we attract and retain high potential talent aligned with our journey. We offer gender neutral and inclusive parental leave policies that offer up to 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave. We immensely value the benefits of a flexible workplace, while designing remote-first principles we ensured that Papa people feel psychologically safe about their career interests while being remote.
Beyond benefits: We want to take care of the whole employee and their families. To stay true to this commitment, we offer family care leave in addition to a generous paid time off policy, 401(k) match up to 4%; family forming support through access to Carrot; emotional health support tools through our medical plans such as Ginger, Happify ; access to women’s leadership network CHIEF to our senior women leaders and a host of events through a monthly culture calendar that enable emotional connectedness in a remote work environment.