Senior Financial Analyst
United States /
Finance – Strategic Finance /
Permanent full time
Papa is a new kind of care, built on human connection. Across the country, health plans and employers look to Papa to provide vital social support by pairing older adults and families with Papa Pals, trained and vetted companions, who provide a helping hand and an open ear, resulting in less loneliness and better health.
Founded in 2017 and headquartered in Miami, Papa is backed by Canaan, Tiger Global Management, Comcast Ventures, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, TCG, Initialized Capital, and Seven Seven Six, among other revered institutional and individual investors. We envision a world where no one has to go it alone. Learn more at Papa.com.
Papa is an equal opportunity employer. We proudly support the ParityPledge® for gender and racial parity at the highest levels of business.
About the Role:
Papa is seeking an outstanding candidate to join our Finance team as a Senior Financial Analyst either remotely or in Miami, FL. The Senior Financial Analyst will work closely with the Senior Finance Manager of Operations and FP&A and leadership across the organization, including marketplace operations, care team, and client operations. They will be a critical team member to develop financial projections, track key performance indicators (KPIs) and perform ad hoc analysis for the team to improve operational efficiencies. This role is a highly visible role at Papa with regular interaction with Senior Leadership across the organization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop, design and manage reports, dashboards and data in our business intelligence tools (Looker, PowerBI)
- Analyze usage and cost trends, provide recommendations based on the insights, and present them to leadership
- Develop and maintain reporting documents across the organization including weekly leadership metrics reporting
- Be the team subject matter expert on operational data reporting and KPI tracking
- Maintain best practices in reporting and analysis, data integrity and validation to ensure you are providing exceptional quality work and ensuring stakeholder trust.
- Quantify risks and opportunities for operations forecasts and develop strategies to deliver on company profitability and utilization goals
- Develop a trusted partnerships with key stakeholders across departments and work on ad-hoc projects as needed
- Develop standard and ad hoc financial models and analysis in support of key business questions and decision-making processes
- Support the preparation of materials for company leadership and Board of Directors
- Support the long term planning, budgeting, and forecasting processes across the company
- Support the accounting department to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in corporate finance, investment banking and/or data analytics in a fast paced environment
- Strong financial acumen and familiarity with GAAP reporting
- Ability to analyze and present financial information to a non-financial audience
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to partner with business leadership to set strategies and establish long-term goals
- Exceptional skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint) and Google Suite (Sheets, Slides); experience with Oracle NetSuite, PBCS, Cube, Vena, Adaptive Planning or another financial planning tool is a plus
- Some SQL knowledge preferred with experience with visualization tools such as Looker or PowerBI to build dynamic/scalable dashboards and reports
- Intellectually curious with a drive towards continuous improvement
- Ability to work autonomously in an evolving work environment
- Passionate about leading and driving initiatives to completion
Papa’s culture is People-first. While we have an incredible team of hard working Papa people, at the end of the day, our company is really about family and community – and we celebrate that among our employees. We encourage everyone to truly bring their whole authentic selves to work. To be transparent. To be non-hierarchical. And, above all, to be a really good person.
We see ourselves as a place where every Papa employee feels they belong, a place where careers flourish, a place that brings back purpose and joy to work, a culture where visionaries/entrepreneurs are developed.
Papa’s mission is at the core of our total rewards philosophy wherein we attract and retain high potential talent aligned with our journey. We offer gender neutral and inclusive parental leave policies that offer up to 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave. We immensely value the benefits of a flexible workplace, while designing remote-first principles we ensured that Papa people feel psychologically safe about their career interests while being remote.
Beyond benefits: We want to take care of the whole employee and their families. To stay true to this commitment, we offer family care leave in addition to a generous paid time off policy, 401(k) match up to 4%; family forming support through access to Carrot; emotional health support tools through our medical plans such as Ginger, Happify ; access to women’s leadership network CHIEF to our senior women leaders and a host of events through a monthly culture calendar that enable emotional connectedness in a remote work environment.