Director, Growth and Acquisition
Operations – Growth /
Permanent full time
Papa and our Papa Pals represent a new category of care, to quite literally meet our members where they are. Social determinants of health, including the public health crisis that is loneliness, have huge impacts on people’s health, and on their lives. The Papa team and our tens of thousands of Papa Pals are here to provide companionship, support, and care to millions of families.
Backed by amazing partners, Papa has raised $240M in funding. Our investors include SoftBank Vision Fund 2, TCG, Tiger Global Management, Canaan, Comcast Ventures, Pivotal Ventures (Melinda Gates’ fund), Initialized Capital, Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher’s fund), YCombinator, Operator Partners, and Magnify Ventures.
Papa, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We proudly support the ParityPledge® for gender and/or racial parity at the highest levels of business.
Reporting to the VP, Growth and Marketplace, you’ll own the multi-channel strategy and execution to grow our supply network of Papa Pals. Papa Pals are the lifeline of our business, filling over 2,000 visits per day with our members in 600+ counties across the US. As a senior leader on the Growth and Marketplace team, you own acquiring high quality Pals where and when we need them in a cost effective way.
Essential Job Functions:
● Own strategy and execution to acquire our supply network. Acquire Papa Pals across the United States and Puerto Rico, ensuring we have high quality pals in the counties we need, when we need them.
● Manage budgets, tactics and testing across multiple scalable and non-scalable channels. You’ll lead traditional scalable digital channels such as Google, Facebook, Job Boards, and SEO. But also offline and non-scalable channels such as partnerships, affiliates, and local marketing.
● Act as a player/coach. We are a lean team so you’ll be both setting the strategy and being a key executor of the strategy.
● Lead and mentor the Growth Marketing Manager who manages the day to day for Paid Search and Paid Social channels.
● Reduce CAC: Efficiently scale paid sources, continually test new paid sources and find non-traditional ways to reduce CAC.
● Launch new markets: Understand the challenge of cold start markets in a two-sided marketplace. Partner cross functionally and ensure new markets and clients launch smoothly.
● Maintain existing markets: Work in close partnership with Marketplace teams to ensure we acquire Pals in the right geography for both current and future needs.
● Understand geographic nuances: Not all markets are created equal. Understand and create tactics to manage pal networks in large metro, suburban and rural markets.
● Work in partnership with the Director of Activation and Director of Engagement to ensure high quality leads.
● Partner to optimize the landing page, funnel and conversion rates. Work cross functionally with Product, Eng and Marketing and be able to make a data driven case when you see an opportunity for improvement.
● 10+ years professional experience in digital marketing. Experience in paid search, paid social and SEO required.
● Experience in (or an enthusiasm to dive into and learn) offline, local marketing, affiliates, events and partnerships.
● Experience working with hyperlocal acquisition required
● Experience working in a startup and two sided marketplace preferred
● Strategic thinking: Ability to think about acquisition holistically and own the end to end strategy for acquiring Pals. Sound business judgment and thought leader for the supply network.
● Analytical thinking: Data-driven decision-maker comfortable working with Looker and large data sets.
● Leadership: Experience managing teams and direct reports
● Ability to working cross functionally: Ability to work collaboratively with ProductEng, Customer Service, Marketing, Client Operations and Sales to motivate and align on key priorities
● Ability to communicate with impact: Ability to explain complex topics succinctly adjusted to the audience. Ability to motivate and align teams for a shared goal.
● Ability to deliver results (get stuff done): Tenacity and creativity to move forward when blocked. Ability to project manage and deliver projects and results in a fast-paced environment.
Papa’s culture is People-first. While we have an incredible team of hard working Papa people, at the end of the day, our company is really about family and community – and we celebrate that among our employees. We encourage everyone to truly bring their whole authentic selves to work. To be transparent. To be non-hierarchical. And, above all, to be a really good person.
We see ourselves as a place where every Papa employee feels they belong, a place where careers flourish, a place that brings back purpose and joy to work, a culture where visionaries/entrepreneurs are developed.
Papa’s mission is at the core of our total rewards philosophy wherein we attract and retain high potential talent aligned with our journey. We offer gender neutral and inclusive parental leave policies that offer up to 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave. We immensely value the benefits of a flexible workplace, while designing remote-first principles we ensured that Papa people feel psychologically safe about their career interests while being remote.
Beyond benefits: We want to take care of the whole employee and their families. To stay true to this commitment, we offer family care leave in addition to a generous paid time off policy, 401(k) match up to 4%; family forming support through access to Carrot; emotional health support tools through our medical plans such as Ginger, Happify ; access to women’s leadership network CHIEF to our senior women leaders and a host of events through a monthly culture calendar that enable emotional connectedness in a remote work environment.