Finance – Finance & Accounting /
Permanent full time
Papa is a new kind of care, built on human connection. Across the country, health plans and employers look to Papa to provide vital social support by pairing older adults and families with Papa Pals, trained and vetted companions, who provide a helping hand and an open ear, resulting in less loneliness and better health.
Founded in 2017 and headquartered in Miami, Papa is backed by Canaan, Tiger Global Management, Comcast Ventures, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, TCG, Initialized Capital, and Seven Seven Six, among other revered institutional and individual investors. We envision a world where no one has to go it alone. Learn more at Papa.com.
Papa is an equal opportunity employer. We proudly support the ParityPledge® for gender and racial parity at the highest levels of business.
About the Role:
The Administrative Assistant contributes to Papa’s success by providing complex coordination and administrative support to Papa’s Technology and Finance leaders, and by working collaboratively across the company to bolster cross-departmental initiatives, including employee experience projects.
Essential Job Functions:
- Helps prepare for key presentations, correspondence, company announcements and communications, and internal/external meetings; compiles and distributes meeting briefings/notes as needed; supports major events requiring significant coordination.
- Provides on-the-ground support in inventorying, preparing, and shipping materials for conferences, client/employee relations, and more.
- Helps facilitate employee surprise-and-delight experiences throughout the year.
- Applies exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills; exhibits sound judgment and effectively manages competing priorities; builds rapport with a wide range of individuals.
- Provides administrative support to Chief Technology and Finance Officers. Applies exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills; exhibits sound judgment and effectively manages competing priorities; builds rapport with a wide range of individuals.
- Owns executives’ calendars, particularly around external-facing and team wide meeting needs. Highly responsive to requests; able to arrange/rearrange schedules, using knowledge of business needs and time sensitivities.
- Oversees executive expenses and travel, and the review and approval of departmental expenses, in adherence with related policies. Maintains budget relative to employee experience programs.
- Collaborates and coordinates effectively with the key collaborators inherent in the above-listed responsibilities.
- Manages vendors, contracts and assists with managing upcoming renewals.
- 2-5 years of relevant professional/academic experience, with previous experience supporting senior-level executives.
- Skilled in productivity tools including Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, and Slack.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to draft, proofread and edit documents for spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Adept at calendar/travel/expense management.
- Discreet, able to deal with information of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Eager and quick learner; applies Papa knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment.
- Able to organize tasks, projects, and information to maximize one’s own productivity and that of others.
- Executes, meets deadlines, keeps others informed of plans and progress.
- Builds productive relationships with all kinds of people inside and outside of Papa. Culture giver.
Location: Miami, Florida or Remote
Job Type: Full-time
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Papa will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes.
Salary and Benefits:
At Papa, we believe in caring for each other. In addition to competitive salaries and challenging work assignments we offer medical, dental and vision insurances, mental health and emotional wellbeing support tools, equity packages; 401k Plan with match of up to 4%, generous gender neutral parental leaves and PTO, lunch stipends and employee events that promote work life balance and camaraderie.
Papa’s culture is People-first. While we have an incredible team of hard working Papa people, at the end of the day, our company is really about family and community – and we celebrate that among our employees. We encourage everyone to truly bring their whole authentic selves to work. To be transparent. To be non-hierarchical. And, above all, to be a really good person.
We see ourselves as a place where every Papa employee feels they belong, a place where careers flourish, a place that brings back purpose and joy to work, a culture where visionaries/entrepreneurs are developed.
Papa’s mission is at the core of our total rewards philosophy wherein we attract and retain high potential talent aligned with our journey. We offer gender neutral and inclusive parental leave policies that offer up to 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave. We immensely value the benefits of a flexible workplace, while designing remote-first principles we ensured that Papa people feel psychologically safe about their career interests while being remote.
Beyond benefits: We want to take care of the whole employee and their families. To stay true to this commitment, we offer family care leave in addition to a generous paid time off policy, 401(k) match up to 4%; family forming support through access to Carrot; emotional health support tools through our medical plans such as Ginger, Happify ; access to women’s leadership network CHIEF to our senior women leaders and a host of events through a monthly culture calendar that enable emotional connectedness in a remote work environment.