United States /
Operations – Care Team - Care Center /
Permanent full time
Papa and our Papa Pals represent a new category of care, to quite literally meet our members where they are. Social determinants of health, including the public health crisis that is loneliness, have huge impacts on people’s health, and on their lives. The Papa team and our tens of thousands of Papa Pals are here to provide companionship, support, and care to millions of families.
Backed by amazing partners, Papa has raised $240M in funding. Our investors include SoftBank Vision Fund 2, TCG, Tiger Global Management, Canaan, Comcast Ventures, Pivotal Ventures (Melinda Gates’ fund), Initialized Capital, Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher’s fund), YCombinator, Operator Partners, and Magnify Ventures.
Papa, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We proudly support the ParityPledge® for gender and/or racial parity at the highest levels of business.
About the Role
If you’ve worked in a call center, previously, this will be the BEST call you’ve ever made. Imagine a call where your handle time isn’t a concern because it’s all about creating a great experience for our Papas. Your sole job is to combat loneliness and look out for our Papas' wellbeing. You will have the opportunity to make someone’s day, if not, week!
The work of our Care Pal team establishes trust with our members and builds the foundation for our care model. This role is a virtual companion and sits in our Care Team (Contact Center) team.
- Be comfortable talking about all topics (with a focus on Care/Health/Wellbeing) with our Customers, because you know it’s in their best interest.
- Be empathetic, an active listener, and like to interact with people.
- Be able to use your words, tone, and tenor to build trust with our Papas.
- Multi-task and operate several applications along with being proficient in G-Suite.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Preferred experience as a medical assistant, CNA or a direct support professional, working with people that have disabilities, special needs, or in a rehab facility.
- Must be friendly, empathetic, patient, and enthusiastic.
- Must have the ability to not only have companionship type conversations, but also be able to facilitate clinical type discussions about physical and emotional health, as well as concerns about the Papas’ safety or well-being. Our Papas may be facing economic, social, or health challenges and you will be their advocate.
- Must be able to accurately document all conversations with our Papas.
- Previous call center experience is a plus.
- Previous experience serving others is a must. Must have a customer-centric mentality.
Papa’s culture is People-first. While we have an incredible team of hard working Papa people, at the end of the day, our company is really about family and community – and we celebrate that among our employees. We encourage everyone to truly bring their whole authentic selves to work. To be transparent. To be non-hierarchical. And, above all, to be a really good person.
We see ourselves as a place where every Papa employee feels they belong, a place where careers flourish, a place that brings back purpose and joy to work, a culture where visionaries/entrepreneurs are developed.
Papa’s mission is at the core of our total rewards philosophy wherein we attract and retain high potential talent aligned with our journey. We offer gender neutral and inclusive parental leave policies that offer up to 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave. We immensely value the benefits of a flexible workplace, while designing remote-first principles we ensured that Papa people feel psychologically safe about their career interests while being remote.
Beyond benefits: We want to take care of the whole employee and their families. To stay true to this commitment, we offer family care leave in addition to a generous paid time off policy, 401(k) match up to 4%; family forming support through access to Carrot; emotional health support tools through our medical plans such as Ginger, Happify ; access to women’s leadership network CHIEF to our senior women leaders and a host of events through a monthly culture calendar that enable emotional connectedness in a remote work environment.