Chief of Staff to the CEO
Miami, Florida /
Finance – Finance & Accounting /
Permanent full time
Papa and our Papa Pals represent a new category of care, to quite literally meet our members where they are. Social determinants of health, including the public health crisis that is loneliness, have huge impacts on people’s health, and on their lives. The Papa team and our tens of thousands of Papa Pals are here to provide companionship, support, and care to millions of families.
Backed by amazing partners, Papa has raised $240M in funding. Our investors include SoftBank Vision Fund 2, TCG, Tiger Global Management, Canaan, Comcast Ventures, Pivotal Ventures (Melinda Gates’ fund), Initialized Capital, Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher’s fund), YCombinator, Operator Partners, and Magnify Ventures.
Papa, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We proudly support the ParityPledge® for gender and/or racial parity at the highest levels of business.
About the Role:
Papa is looking for a Chief of Staff to the CEO. The Chief of Staff will enable the CEO to effectively fulfill his commitments and operate at the highest level. This role spans both the strategic and the tactical, working very closely with senior Papa leaders to ensure accountability, execution, and delivery of top priorities.
The Chief of Staff will also partner with a variety of internal team members, serving as an organizational “glue” to propel cross-functional initiatives forward. The right person for this role is a dynamic resource, skilled in executing familiar and unfamiliar tasks that is ready to take on a significant and high impact role, all the while doing so with a humble attitude.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support the CEO in delivering Papa’s most critical projects by liaising with senior leadership to take initiatives through to completion
- Manage the variety of commitments promised to the CEO in a structured manner
- Draft internal and external communications (emails, decks, and docs) on behalf the CEO
- Attend meetings with the CEO, and take notes on his behalf if he cannot attend
- Act as a trusted counsel to the CEO and other executive team members
- Assist the CEO drive collaboration and alignment across teams
- Work with the other executive members to organize critical meetings/offsites
- 3-6 years of experience in one or more of these fields: Chief of Staff, strategy consulting, business operations, investment banking, private equity, or other related roles
- A lack of ego, driven by group outcome, not the individual outcome
- Excellent communication and analytical skills with the ability to distill complex thoughts and strategies into simple, actionable recommendations.
- Ability to credibly and compellingly present complex problems and debate recommendations with senior leadership
- Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources, and delivering results in challenging situations
- Ability to analyze data and synthesize findings
- A team player who works collaboratively and effectively across a diverse set of functions, backgrounds, and working styles
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and juggle between multiple priorities, leading and delivering high-quality work and adhering to tight deadlines
- Non-hierarchical, with a willingness to roll-up your sleeves, multitask and dive into details
Papa’s culture is People-first. While we have an incredible team of hard working Papa people, at the end of the day, our company is really about family and community – and we celebrate that among our employees. We encourage everyone to truly bring their whole authentic selves to work. To be transparent. To be non-hierarchical. And, above all, to be a really good person.
We see ourselves as a place where every Papa employee feels they belong, a place where careers flourish, a place that brings back purpose and joy to work, a culture where visionaries/entrepreneurs are developed.
Papa’s mission is at the core of our total rewards philosophy wherein we attract and retain high potential talent aligned with our journey. We offer gender neutral and inclusive parental leave policies that offer up to 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave. We immensely value the benefits of a flexible workplace, while designing remote-first principles we ensured that Papa people feel psychologically safe about their career interests while being remote.
Beyond benefits: We want to take care of the whole employee and their families. To stay true to this commitment, we offer family care leave in addition to a generous paid time off policy, 401(k) match up to 4%; family forming support through access to Carrot; emotional health support tools through our medical plans such as Ginger, Happify ; access to women’s leadership network CHIEF to our senior women leaders and a host of events through a monthly culture calendar that enable emotional connectedness in a remote work environment.