Director, Client Success
United States /
Sales – Client Success /
Permanent full time
Papa and our Papa Pals represent a new category of care, to quite literally meet our members where they are. Social determinants of health, including the public health crisis that is loneliness, have huge impacts on people’s health, and on their lives. The Papa team and our tens of thousands of Papa Pals are here to provide companionship, support, and care to millions of families.
Backed by amazing partners, Papa has raised $240M in funding. Our investors include SoftBank Vision Fund 2, TCG, Tiger Global Management, Canaan, Comcast Ventures, Pivotal Ventures (Melinda Gates’ fund), Initialized Capital, Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher’s fund), YCombinator, Operator Partners, and Magnify Ventures.
Papa, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We proudly support the ParityPledge® for gender and/or racial parity at the highest levels of business.
About the Role:
The Director of Client Success is responsible for strategically managing and generating pull through revenue for Papa Health Plan and Employer clients. The Director of Client Success will focus on strategic coordination and integration of Papa services with Client business objectives, with accountability in Client retention.
Essential Job Functions:
- Be the face of the organization to client portfolio.
- Manage client needs on a daily basis including but not limited too: audit requests, member escalations, reporting, weekly / monthly meetings.
- Execute on additional services or solutions sold by cross functional Papa Sales and CSE team, by designing Statements of Work, and defining measures of success.
- Have in depth knowledge of all account contract terms in portfolio.
- Facilitate client needs with internal Papa teams to align on deliverables.
- Escalate appropriately to Vice President, Client Success, client issues, concerns or complaints.
- Execute on communication and integration strategies and opportunities between client portfolio and internal Papa departments.
- Own all reporting deliverables for client portfolio with ongoing contribution of critical thinking for future reports based on client needs.
- An unwavering commitment to reflect the mission of the company and to evangelize our purpose.
- Ability to have fun while working to and to be part of a carefully selected sales and service organization, aligned to deliver success.
- Self-discipline, the ability to work from home, and ability to travel and operate a motor vehicle.
- 5-7 years of practical work experience managing accounts and closing upsell opportunities for employers and/or health plans. Candidate will be a college graduate and be capable of demonstrating prior achievement in client success.
- Significant attention to detail, results-oriented, dedication and passion for our mission
- Entrepreneurial spirit and self-starter
- Ability to manage a portfolio of clients with consecutive needs and deliverables while always making each client feel like they are your 100% focus.
- Deep understanding of health plans and how they operate including, but not limited too, commercial and government business lines.
- Superior presentation skills inclusive of an innate sense for the “art of the deal.”
- Ability to conduct discovery with clients to document business and technical requirements.
- Work well in a matrixed organization with an incredibly positive culture.
- Immerse themselves in Papa’s mission, vision, and values.
- Collect competitive intelligence on a persistent basis and share back to the team.
- Possess the highest ethical standards and respect all persons equally.
Papa’s culture is People-first. While we have an incredible team of hard working Papa people, at the end of the day, our company is really about family and community – and we celebrate that among our employees. We encourage everyone to truly bring their whole authentic selves to work. To be transparent. To be non-hierarchical. And, above all, to be a really good person.
We see ourselves as a place where every Papa employee feels they belong, a place where careers flourish, a place that brings back purpose and joy to work, a culture where visionaries/entrepreneurs are developed.
Papa’s mission is at the core of our total rewards philosophy wherein we attract and retain high potential talent aligned with our journey. We offer gender neutral and inclusive parental leave policies that offer up to 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave. We immensely value the benefits of a flexible workplace, while designing remote-first principles we ensured that Papa people feel psychologically safe about their career interests while being remote.
Beyond benefits: We want to take care of the whole employee and their families. To stay true to this commitment, we offer family care leave in addition to a generous paid time off policy, 401(k) match up to 4%; family forming support through access to Carrot; emotional health support tools through our medical plans such as Ginger, Happify ; access to women’s leadership network CHIEF to our senior women leaders and a host of events through a monthly culture calendar that enable emotional connectedness in a remote work environment.