Senior Director, Client Success
United States /
Sales – Client Success /
Permanent full time
Papa and our Papa Pals represent a new category of care, to quite literally meet our members where they are. Social determinants of health, including the public health crisis that is loneliness, have huge impacts on people’s health, and on their lives. The Papa team and our tens of thousands of Papa Pals are here to provide companionship, support, and care to millions of families.
Backed by amazing partners, Papa has raised $240M in funding. Our investors include SoftBank Vision Fund 2, TCG, Tiger Global Management, Canaan, Comcast Ventures, Pivotal Ventures (Melinda Gates’ fund), Initialized Capital, Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher’s fund), YCombinator, Operator Partners, and Magnify Ventures.
Papa, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We proudly support the ParityPledge® for gender and/or racial parity at the highest levels of business.
About the Role:
The Senior Director of Client Success’s focus is to manage, implement, and support the growth of Papa’s current and future client needs.
This role requires excellent leadership, analytical, and communication skills, with the ability to work under extreme pressure and efficient multitasking.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead and develop a team to support the implementation of Papa’s enterprise clients
- Assist in a strategy and align with growth goals of Papa within our current and future client base
- Ensure client satisfaction at every level, including ensuring a smooth implementation process.
- Be the face of the organization to all clients.
- Manage client needs daily including but not limited to implementation, reporting, weekly / monthly meetings.
- Work with clients to add additional services or solutions to support their needs, including but not limited to designing Statements of Work, implementing and helping to measure the success of the programs.
- Lead a team of like-minded individuals who will report to the VP of Client Success as implementation, growth, and client success.
- Work with the product team to align with the client’s product and service requirements.
- Be responsible for ensuring satisfaction and a good experience between Papa and our enterprise clients
- Work with the implementation team to ensure smooth and precise implementations across our book of business
- Skill in process management and improvement
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Non-hierarchical, with a willingness to roll-up your sleeves, multitask and dive into details
- Significant attention to detail and results-oriented
- Ability to manage a portfolio of clients with consecutive needs and deliverables while always making each client feel like they are your 100% focus.
- A lack of ego, driven by group outcome, not individual outcome
- Committed to supporting a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environment
- 7+ years of relevant experience in sales, marketing, operations, training, or consulting.
- Experience in working with providers or Care Delivery Organizations
- Experience developing and leading a multidisciplinary team
- Results-oriented individual with dedication and passion for our mission
- Relevant experience supporting a four-sided marketplace
- Superior presentation skills inclusive of an innate sense for the “art of the deal.”
- Deep understanding of health plans and how they operate, including, but not limited to commercial and government business lines
- Experience working with employers, delivering benefits for employees, and collaborating closely to drive program engagement and awareness
- Possess the highest ethical standards and respect all persons equally.
- Self-discipline, the ability to work from home, and ability to travel
Papa’s culture is People-first. While we have an incredible team of hard working Papa people, at the end of the day, our company is really about family and community – and we celebrate that among our employees. We encourage everyone to truly bring their whole authentic selves to work. To be transparent. To be non-hierarchical. And, above all, to be a really good person.
We see ourselves as a place where every Papa employee feels they belong, a place where careers flourish, a place that brings back purpose and joy to work, a culture where visionaries/entrepreneurs are developed.
Papa’s mission is at the core of our total rewards philosophy wherein we attract and retain high potential talent aligned with our journey. We offer gender neutral and inclusive parental leave policies that offer up to 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave. We immensely value the benefits of a flexible workplace, while designing remote-first principles we ensured that Papa people feel psychologically safe about their career interests while being remote.
Beyond benefits: We want to take care of the whole employee and their families. To stay true to this commitment, we offer family care leave in addition to a generous paid time off policy, 401(k) match up to 4%; family forming support through access to Carrot; emotional health support tools through our medical plans such as Ginger, Happify ; access to women’s leadership network CHIEF to our senior women leaders and a host of events through a monthly culture calendar that enable emotional connectedness in a remote work environment.