Senior Product Analyst, R&D
Remote (United States) /
The R&D team seeks to create new and improved technology that can provide Root with a competitive advantage in the insurance marketplace (i.e., R&D takes the moonshots). You will play a key role in creating and utilizing applied research techniques that drive business insights and decision-making in unproven areas. The role will also include taking on complex forecasting and customer segmentation problems to unlock new opportunities.
You will work closely with product, business development, and engineering teams to create dashboards and analytics that track business KPIs and deliver actionable analysis. Our ideal candidate is comfortable with ambiguity, dives deep into data to find insights, is detail-oriented, and can work well with cross-functional teams.
Location: Columbus, OH or remote (the U.S. only)
What you'll be doing:
- Assist product managers with defining their R&D strategy, drafting business cases, and establishing the roadmap for their specific area
- Design, implement, and analyze A/B test experiments
- Leverage data to generate insights about new product performance, customer preferences, and customer experience
- Define and own metrics that capture the spirit of business objectives as closely as possible
- Construct data visualizations quickly and concisely using a variety of tools (e.g., Mode, Tableau, Redash, etc.)
- Independently scope and prioritize analytics projects from end-to-end; ask the right questions, track down necessary data sources, analyze findings, and present opportunities to the team
- Work with engineers and other analysts to improve the structure and quality of data in the data warehouse
- Provide guidance to less experienced analysts
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of work experience in analytics
- Previous experience with experiment design and A/B test analysis across multiple KPIs is strongly preferred
- Advanced skills in SQL with the ability to write complex and optimized queries
- Proficient in Tableau or other data visualization tools
- Superior teamwork, communication, business-case understanding, and problem-solving skills
- Analytical mindset; proficient in R or Python preferred but not required
Who we are.
Root Insurance is the nation's first licensed insurance carrier powered entirely by mobile. We were founded on the belief that the services you need for everyday life should serve you better. That's why we base insurance coverage on you, not your demographic. It's the way insurance should be. And it's all conveniently in an app.
What draws people to Root.
We're a venture-backed technology company. Our early success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our product is only as good as the people building and promoting it. We look for individuals who find solutions by going through the ideation cycle to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and a highly analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here, and you'll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy. For assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact. By challenging the way it's always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration. We encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.
People. We are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.