Head of Product, COVID Symptom Study
Product & Design /
The Covid Symptom Study app is the largest public science project of its kind anywhere in the world, with over 3.5 million users in UK, US and Sweden - half of them using it every few days. Developed by a team at ZOE in close collaboration with King’s College London, it provides data daily to the UK government and its users about Covid trends, as well as generating vital scientific research that has already been published in journals like Nature Medicine. The app is currently delivering one of the largest clinical trials in the world, with 800,000 users looking at the effectiveness of digital diagnosis of Covid.
ZOE is a health science company using data-driven research to tackle key health issues. By using artificial intelligence combined with digital technologies, ZOE enables large-scale scientific studies to tackle major global health issues: the impact of food on our health and COVID-19.
We’re looking to hire someone to head the product, who’ll report directly to the founder and be instrumental in the future growth of this product. Over time, this role can evolve into ZOE's.
- Own the product roadmap and drive product delivery with a team of world-class engineers, designers and scientists
- Work with our stakeholders both academic and government in order to evolve the product to suit evolving needs. You will need to balance the many competing demands
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to ensure retention as we prepare for a potential second wave later in the year
- Define and analyse metrics that inform the success of products
- Maximise efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- Day-to-day execution of specs and priorities with Engineering, Research, Marketing and UI/UX Design
- Proven experience designing and delivering a product, in a high intensity environment
- Previous experience working with cross functional teams.
- Data driven mindset
- Ability to build a strong relationship and credibility with Engineering and Science teams.
- Ability to iterate extremely rapidly with a "let's try it" attitude, whilst being mindful of risks and pitfalls.
- Comfortable working with high levels of ambiguity, whilst being able to manage & influence multiple stakeholders.
- As comfortable getting hands-on as taking a step back and thinking strategically, proactively identifying issues and opportunities and tackle them without being told to do so. This is a small team so you must be willing to get involved with the weeds of this week’s delivery, alongside thinking about how we can develop key features in a month’s time.
- Intellectual curiosity & rigour.
- Strong academics from a top institution
- Experience interacting with academics (they are special :-))
- Experience in working in particularly sensitive/regulated fields such as Health
- Previous experience as a start-up founder or early member of a start up team
What we can offer
- Competitive Salary & Share Options
- The opportunity to make the world healthier, and have fun learning about cutting-edge science across biology and genomics
- Active contribution against the fight with COVID19 and the opportunity to save lives
- An exciting early-stage start-up environment, without the funding worries, and with a commercial team that has built billion-dollar revenue businesses
- A crucial role as one of the first colleagues in a truly world-class multidisciplinary and diverse team