Group Product Manager - Science & Recommendations
UK/EU or compatible timezone (Remote) /
We Are Redefining How People Approach Their Health
ZOE is combining scientific research at a scale never before imagined and cutting-edge AI to improve the health of millions.
Created by the world’s top scientists, our personalised nutrition program is radically reimagining a fundamental human need – eating well for your own body. Currently available in the US, and available for pre-order in the UK, having generated a waitlist of over 300,000, ZOE is already helping tens of thousands of ZOE members adopt healthier habits and achieve their goals.
We are also the team behind the popular COVID Symptom Study, which played a critical role in the fight against COVID in the UK and has now expanded to become the ZOE Health Study (ZHS). ZHS uses the power of community science to conduct large-scale research from the comfort of contributors’ homes to understand health and prevent disease. Our collective work and expertise in biology, engineering, data science, and nutrition science has led to multiple breakthrough papers in leading scientific journals such as Nature Medicine, Science, The Lancet, and more.
A remote-first, well-funded startup, we are backed by founders, investors, and entrepreneurs who have built multi-billion dollar technology companies. We are always looking for innovative thinkers and doers to join our team on a thrilling mission to tackle epic health problems that span the globe. Together, we can improve human health and touch millions of lives.
We value inclusivity, transparency, ownership, open-mindedness and diversity. We are passionate about delivering great results and learning in the open. We want our teams to have the freedom to make long-term, high-impact decisions, and the well-being of our teammates and the people around us is a top priority.
About the team
The Science & Recommendations group works across the ZOE Science, Data, and Recommendations areas to provide the most cutting-edge advice and recommendations for our members. From defining the future of our Science endeavours in our pursuit of pushing the boundaries of personalised nutrition, to providing meal recommendations to our members in real-time. Ultimately,the Group focuses on personalising ZOE’s science and helping our members make better choices for their health.Every time a ZOE member receives their Test Scores, uses ZOE to predict the impact of a meal on their body, or is served with recommendations, the ZOE Recommendations & Science group is involved.
About the role
We’re looking for a Group Product Manager to lead the group to help more members achieve their goals and make their ZOE experience more personalised. You’ll work closely with the VP of Product, Design, and Engineering leads to shape the roadmap across squads, enable fast-paced execution, and drive impact and efficiency as we scale.
- Driving world-class execution within your area. Setting the right cadence of delivering value to members, continuously improving the quality of the product, and diminishing risks to ensure high quality.
- Going above and beyond to deliver impact for our members. Working within the group, you will be focused on the essence of the problem and doing everything needed to ensure your teams make considerable progress in solving our members’ problems and have a sizeable impact on the organisation.
- Setting the success criteria for your Product Group. Ensuring your teams set the right success criteria across the lifecycle of the product is key to moving fast, delivering real value to our members, and setting the right level of ambition.
- Identifying, sizing, and prioritising opportunities for the group. You will be diving deep to understand customer problems and provide a robust, data-driven framework for prioritisation to ensure maximum value for our customers. You will also be responsible for pulling the break to “sound-good” ideas and articulating how simple changes lead to a long-term competitive edge.
- Inspiring the organisation to think big and grow. You will champion bold ideas and push your team work think big beyond their level of comfort.
- Leading to build the organisation and raising the bar: You will be mentoring both your team and the rest of the organization to be customer-centric and thinking big. By connecting the dots you are able to paint a vision of what great looks like and define what the next frontier for the product is.
We think this role would be a great fit if you...
- Have extensive experience in effectively hiring, managing, and coaching world-class Product teams (preferably in a high-growth environment).
- Are experienced leading product teams working cross-functionally to deliver end-to-end value in high-risk, pioneering products.
- Have a proven track record of being pivotal as an individual contributor in the success of one or more products and businesses.
- Have expertise in user-centric, rapid product development research methods such as mixed methods user research, product validation, RITE, and other relevant methodologies for sizing and prioritizing customer problems.
- Have a STEM background and academic and/or professional experience in using big data, machine learning, and AI to deliver customer-facing products and solutions.
- Are as comfortable getting hands-on as taking a step back and thinking strategically, proactively identifying issues and opportunities, and tackling them without being told to do so.
- Have intellectual curiosity & rigour.
Listed above is a snapshot of the experience, skills and attributes we think would come handy for the success in this role. Are you passionate about ZOE and this role but don't tick 100% of the boxes above? Please consider applying anyway. We are happy to up-skill where possible.
What you can expect from us
Aside from ensuring the industry-benchmark compensation package and providing you with all the hardware and software you need, we have worked hard for our list of benefits to be focused on things that matter to our team members most.
Remote-first - work from home, pop into our London/Boston offices, or work within the EU; you have flexibility to choose your own place of work and work flexibly
Stock options - we want everyone to be rewarded for contribution to our growth
Paid time-off - on top of any national / bank holidays, you get 28 days off (25 plus 1 life-event and 2 company-wide reset days)
Enhanced parental leave - adding on to the statutory offering, we know how important it is to be supportive at times that matter
Private healthcare and life assurance - flexible options to choose what fits
Health and wellbeing - Employee Assistance Program, Cycle to Work and more
Pension - paying monthly and offering flexibility to top your pension up
Allocated social, WFH and Growth (L&D) budgets
Plenty of learning and social opportunities
We continue to build a benefits package that invests in our team members’ long-term personal and professional growth and wellbeing, adding to this list as it evolves.
We believe that having a truly diverse team where everyone can be their authentic self is the key to our success and we are committed to improving the tech industry for the better. We are passionate about equal opportunities and encourage candidates from any underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. When applying, please let us know of any accessibility requirements you may have for your interviews and we will do our best to accommodate.
While this position is advertised as full-time, we can be flexible on the specific arrangements and would be happy to discuss part-time, job-share or other flexible arrangements, if required.