Head of Content
Hi, we’re ZOE
We’re a team of scientists, developers, marketers and more, changing the way the world eats. With our personalised nutrition programme, we’re on a mission to improve the health of millions, and with plans as vast as the plants on our plate, we need the best team. Or ZOEntists, as we like to call ourselves.
We’re backed by leading venture capital firm Accomplice (backers of Angellist and Zoopla), world-renowned entrepreneurs, like Steven Bartlett (also a proud brand ambassador), and we’ve raised over £70m in funding as of July 2023.
With Professor Tim Spector and Dr Sarah Berry leading our science, we have over 63,000 global members and, in our 2022 crowdfunding campaign, we welcomed 13,000 ‘Owners’.
Got a good (gut) feeling it could be you? Head to our career page to find out more.
About the role
The Head of Content will oversee multimedia content strategy and development at ZOE, with a focus on engaging hundreds of thousands of people interacting with our brand, and bringing them even closer to ZOE.
The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of the latest content trends–spanning video, audio, and email–, is a hands-on creator, and has a proven record of delivering business results (qualified leads, sales, retention).
What you’ll do…
- Partner with internal channel owners and teams (Product, Marketing, Coaching) to build a content strategy and roadmap that drives engagement and conversion
- Develop opportunities to test and learn to grow content initiatives iteratively
- Collaborate with our chart-topping ZOE Science & Nutrition podcast team to create new content opportunities that bring listeners deeper into the world of ZOE
- Collaborate with Data & Analytics to ensure measurement is in place, and share performance transparently with the company
- Build and nurture a high-performing team
- Work hands-on on content creation
We think you'll be a great fit if you…
- Have a strong understanding of multimedia content (video, audio, email), with a proven track record driving content that engages at scale and converts to action and sales
- Have experience leading and building a high-performing content team in a fast-growing startup environment
- Are audience-obsessed: You understand your user and their context and how to create content that meets their needs and drives business objectives
- Have a strong execution mindset; you don’t mind rolling up your sleeves and getting scrappy
- Bring experience in rapid experimentation, leading the team to take risks, and try new things
- Are impact and data driven: you’re strong in prioritising content concepts and formats based on confidence in driving meaningful business impact vs. resource investment
- Are passionate and empathetic about improving the health of millions through science
These are the ideal skills, attributes, and experience we’re looking for in this role. Don’t worry if you don’t tick all the boxes, especially on the skills and experience front, we’re happy to upskill for the right candidate.
Life as a ZOEntist – what you can expect from us:
As well as industry-benchmarked compensation and all the hardware and software you need, we offer a thoughtfully-curated list of benefits. We expect this list to evolve as we continue supporting our team members’ long-term personal and professional growth, and their wellbeing.
Remote-first: Work flexibly – from home, our London office, or anywhere within the EU
Stock options: So you can share in our growth
Paid time off: 28 days paid leave (25 holiday days, plus 2 company-wide reset days, and 1 “life event” day)
Enhanced Parental Leave: On top of the statutory offering
Flexible private healthcare and life assurance options
Pension contribution: Pay monthly or top up – your choice.
Health and wellbeing: Like our Employee Assistance Program and Cycle to Work Scheme
Social, WFH, and Growth (L&D) budgets. Plus, multiple opportunities to connect, grow, and socialise
We’re all about equal opportunities
We know that a successful team is made up of diverse people, able to be their authentic selves. To continue growing our team in the best way, we believe that equal opportunities matter, so we encourage candidates from any underrepresented backgrounds to apply for this role. You can view our Equal Opportunities statement in full here.
A closer look at ZOE
Think you’ve heard our name somewhere before? We were the team behind the COVID Symptom Study, which has since become the ZOE Health Study (ZHS). We use the power of community science to conduct large-scale research from the comfort of contributors’ own homes. Our collective work and expertise in biology, engineering, and data/nutrition science have led to multiple breakthrough papers in leading scientific journals such as Nature Medicine, Science, The Lancet, and more.
Seen ZOE in the media recently? Catch our co-founder Professor Tim Spector (one of the world’s most cited scientists) and our Chief Scientist Dr Sarah Berry on this BBC Panorama, and listen to CEO Jonathan Wolf unpack the latest in science and nutrition on our ZOE podcast.
Oh, and if you’re wondering why ZOE? It translates to “Life” in Greek, which we’re helping ZOE members enjoy to the fullest.