IT Manager (USA - East Coast - Flexible Remote)
Software Engineering /
ZOE is a nutritional science start-up on a mission to help people eat with confidence. Our name means “life” and we’re committed to helping people live it to their fullest by harnessing the power of scientific research, software engineering and artificial intelligence. Our team tackles a range of complex product, engineering, data, logistics, ops, UI/UX, challenges that enable our customers to understand their unique biological response to food. We are builders and lifelong learners - connected by a common desire to leverage our talent for helping the world. Since our launch in 2017, we grew our team from 5 to 80 extraordinary individuals. Our products, insights and advice has been covered by many household media brands and we're only just beginning.
In March 2020, we launched the COVID Symptom Study (CSS) in response to the pandemic. Since then, this non-profit initiative has had 4.5 million users contribute to what is now the largest ongoing study of COVID-19.
About the role
- You will be responsible for all the IT functions within the business. This will involve leading all IT focused projects, continuous improvement on all systems within the company and constantly reviewing processes to streamline productivity and improve security. You will be the ‘go-to’ person for all IT related queries from staff members across the company. You will be comfortable in supporting 1st - 3rd line issues as well as managing implementations, migrations or vendor relationships. This is a hands-on role.
- You will be required to visit the warehouse in Boston occasionally, hence ideally you need to be able to travel to Boston a couple of times a month.
What you will be doing?
- Manage all the company hardware (laptops, phones, security keys, warehousing equipment, …) and inventory
- Help pick, configure and manage third party SaaS IT systems (Google Workspace, Slack, Notion, YouTrack, Zoom, Freshdesk, 15Five, Figma, Dashlane, KnowBe4, OpsGenie, Xero, Shippo, …).
- Manage relationships with vendors, ensuring we have purchased the right packages with the best deals from account managers and providing invoices to finance
- Manage other software licences (Adobe, JetBrains, …)
- Implement best security practices related to IT systems (SSO, 2FA, DLP, disk encryption, endpoint security, principle of least privilege, defense in depth, …)
- Manage groups and permissions
- Manage the security awareness program
- Manage the provisioning and deprovisioning of users
- Draft and roll out IT policies for our systems and users
- Provide support to our staff using the systems and escalating any issues to vendors if required
- Experience with Google Workspace
- Bachelors or equivalent level of degree in technology
- Previous experience in a similar IT role
- Excellent leadership qualities, ability to engage with credibility, influence and effectively collaborate with business and technical staff.
- Strong analytical skills with a progressive flair for problem solving and a tactful ability to operate autonomously in most situations, to successfully handle multiple conflicting priorities
- Experience setting up security practices in a cloud native environment
- A natural interest in putting forward new ideas to improve processes and increase the efficiency of the company
- You possess a demonstrable willingness to learn and apply new technology
- A desire to develop your career at pace, and the commitment to excellence that this requires
- Ability to automate your tasks, by using Python or a similar programming language
- A keen interest in creating a self service environment and make staff autonomous
- Share options. You'll be meaningfully rewarded for your hard work in making ZOE a success.
- 20 days of PTO (plus observed holidays) (For US employees)
- An exciting early-stage start-up environment with great culture, without the funding worries, and a world class multidisciplinary team, with world-leading scientists and top advisors.
- Remote role based anywhere on the US East Coast #LI-Remote
- Check out all the benefits in our careers page
What's it like to work at ZOE?
The ZOE team is diverse, dynamic and data-driven. We have an open and honest culture that delights in learning, thrives in collaborating and likes to have fun.
We have flexible working that's focussed on driving results at pace.
We get together to socialize on Zoom and now, have some socially distanced park dates together when we can. If karaoke is your thing, you'll fit in just fine.
What are the values of ZOE?
A scientific mindset 🧪
We are curious learners seeking the truth. We learn best by using data and careful experimentation. We are self-aware and know about the limitations of our knowledge, while always seeking to challenge and improve it.
Have courage, we’ve got your back ⚡️
We trust, respect and support our colleagues to take responsibility and deliver fast. We try to act selflessly and make time to help each other so we advance together.
Put users interests first ☝🏽
We start by understanding our users and empowering them to achieve their goals. We earn their trust by connecting to them authentically and respecting their privacy.
Respectfully inclusive 🌎
We promote diversity of ideas and thinking because we value what makes each of us unique in our science, our company, and the community. Our language is polite, positive and empowering, encouraging participation.