Head of Staff- Engineering (m/f/d)
Tech – Technical Program Management
Do you love stories? If so, please keep reading, because we certainly do. We believe the ability to tell stories is what makes us human. Joyn is your streaming app with over 50 live TV channels, exclusive previews, originals and collections. We understand Joyn as a partnership – an invitation to content-providers and users alike to make entertainment more meaningful and fun. Our app aggregates global and especially local content in a relevant way for Germany, both live TV and on-demand content. All kinds of stories and more to come, everyday.
We hire the best, because we need people that are as customer-focused as we are. We are looking for champions to help us further connect with our audience. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. Do you think you’re up for it? Great. Then send us your application!
About the job
We are looking for a Head of Staff for our Engineering Organisation, reporting directly to the CTO, that helps the engineering leadership team to be super productive and effective. In this role you will ensure smooth operations of the engineering organisation while driving strategic initiatives that help us improve as a group.
What you tell people at parties
"I am working with a team of talented engineering leaders and help them transform the organisation into a high performing engineering group that builds awesome media streaming products"
What you do
- This is a super relevant cross-functional role in the tech department reporting directly to the CTO and acting as his right-hand providing information to help him be more productive and effective.
- Drive strategic initiatives that transform our engineering organisation into a high performing team that people enjoy working in on a daily basis. This includes talent acquisition and retention, interview processes, engineering site strategy, etc.
- Setup, own and continuously improve operational processes like budget management and tracking, etc.
- Run the engineering leadership team operations incl. weekly, monthly and strategic meetings, enable a positive work culture and ensure productive outcomes by capturing clear action items and drive follow-up on those.
- Help the engineering leadership team to establish and work against metrics that steer the overall engineering organisation.
- Work with our existing and new partners and service providers negotiating contracts, SLAs and help them to operate smoothly within the teams
What we're asking
- a fast-paced environment is something you feel really comfortable in
- University degree in management, information technology, or equivalent
- strong operational skills
- experience driving strategic projects
- experience in working with C Level
- English is our team language
What you can tell people at a party
“I work for this really cool tech startup and advise them to take the right decisions on behalf of their users.”
Why you´ll love working at Joyn
● Fast-paced startup backed by two of the biggest names in digital entertainment: ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery Networks International
● Great opportunities for personal and professional growth
● Ability to put your stamp on an innovative product
● Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
● Office located in the heart of Munich
● Competitive compensation package
● Flexible working times
● Highly international working environment
● State-of-the-art coffee machines, free fruits, snacks and beverages
Are you ready? We're fast, we’re well-funded and growing quickly. Joyn has just started, It's the best time to join us and shape our vision.