IT Service Manager - (M/F/D)
Tech – Software
Do you love stories? If so, please keep reading, because we certainly do. We believe the ability to tell stories is what makes us human. Joyn is your streaming app with over 50 live TV channels, exclusive previews, originals and collections. We understand Joyn as a partnership – an invitation to content-providers and users alike to make entertainment more meaningful and fun. Our app aggregates global and especially local content in a relevant way for Germany, both live TV and on-demand content. All kinds of stories and more to come, everyday.
We hire the best, because we need people that are as customer-focused as we are. We are looking for champions to help us further connect with our audience. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. Do you think you’re up for it? Great. Then send us your application!
About the Job
As a service manager, you will be responsible for establishing and continuously improving standards and processes around service quality, governance, and incident handling. You have the mandate to introduce and enforce these processes across the whole engineering organization.
You make sure that Joyn customers are delighted when consuming our product, no matter when, where, and on what device. You work cross-functional with our 20+ autonomous engineering teams and are the advocate for service quality excellence. After incidents, you drive the postmortem process by bringing the right people together and following-up on the agreed improvements.
You will have the opportunity to work with/on AWS, Dynatrace, OpsGenie, Grafana, OnCall, Incident Management, High Availability, SLI, SLO, SLA, Observability, Cloud Cost Monitoring, and many more.
What you do
- Define service performance indicators (SLIs) and objectives (SLOs) together with the engineering teams
- Make sure these metrics are measured and accessible
- Uncover areas that need improvement in regard of reliability or observability
- Align with leadership and teams on OnCall model and schedules
- Drive the PostMortem process and facilitate learning from outages
- Create regular reports for service quality, incidents, etc.
- Measure the quality of alerting and monitoring of the different services and drive improvements
- Make the operational cost of services transparent (e.g. AWS, other third party cost)
- Drive the cost optimization together with the teams
How you do it
- Make teams aware of engineering guidelines such as the production-ready-checklist
- Define strategy on how and when to trigger alerts for a new service
- Schedule and facilitate a PostMortem meeting after a critical incident
- Work closely with the SRE team and provide input for alerting improvements to reduce false positives and create the most possible observability
- Follow-up on action items that were agreed on in a PostMortem meeting
- Address SLO violations with teams and Work autonomously and report directly to the CTO
What we are looking for
- Broad background in site reliability engineering, devops, monitoring
- Strong knowledge of ITIL and Service Management methodologies
- Experience in multiple software projects as developer, reliability engineer and/or technical product owner
- Technical experience of one or more monitoring/alerting toolsets
- Consumer-centered and data-driven mindset
- Project management experience, driving initiatives with several stakeholders
- Structured and self-driven working style, eagerness to learn
- Good team working and communication skills, and ability to assert yourself
- Good English language skills - English is our team language
What you can tell people at a party
“I work for this really cool tech startup and advise them to take the right decisions on behalf of their users.”
Why you´ll love working at Joyn
● Fast-paced startup backed by two of the biggest names in digital entertainment: ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery Networks International
● Great opportunities for personal and professional growth
● Ability to put your stamp on an innovative product
● Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
● Office located in the heart of Munich
● Competitive compensation package
● Flexible working times
● Highly international working environment
● State-of-the-art coffee machines, free fruits, snacks and beverages
Are you ready? We're fast, we’re well-funded and growing quickly. Joyn has just started, it's the best time to join us and shape our vision.