Product Owner- SRE (m/f/d)
Tech – Software
Do you love stories? If so, please keep reading, because we certainly do. We believe the ability to tell stories is what makes us human. Joyn is your streaming app with over 50 live TV channels, exclusive previews, originals and collections. We understand Joyn as a partnership – an invitation to content-providers and users alike to make entertainment more meaningful and fun. Our app aggregates global and especially local content in a relevant way for Germany, both live TV and on-demand content. All kinds of stories and more to come, everyday.
We hire the best, because we need people that are as customer-focused as we are. We are looking for champions to help us further connect with our audience. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. Do you think you’re up for it? Great. Then send us your application!
About the Job
We are looking for an experienced agile Product Owner to drive development of Joyn’s Site Reliability Engineering team, together with highly skilled engineers with software and operations background, ensuring that Joyn customers are delighted when consuming our product, no matter when, where, and on what device.
What you tell people at parties
"My services run in a large-scale cloud environment, making sure you can enjoy live streaming and video on demand in the Joyn app on any device, anywhere"
What you do
- Develop a long and short term roadmap for the SRE team at Joyn according to our vision
- Manage the Team’s backlog by deriving stories and epics from the roadmap as well as managing and prioritizing incoming requests from other teams
- Work together with the team to constantly innovate, improve your services and frameworks, and drive new features that makes life more easy for our dev teams.
- Drive definition, monitoring, and continuous optimization of performance indicators to reflect consumer experience
- Indicate gaps in automation to help the team to decrease recurring task to a minimum
- Be the point of contact for your PO peers and tech leads from various teams, to gather requirements and either refine them in your backlog or commit to drop them
How you do it
- understand and evaluate consumer needs and market trends related to cloud services (performance, availability and cost), Automation tools (CI/CD) and Monitoring
- derive and prioritize requirements for the development of your product
- apply agile best practices to continuously create consumer value together with your team
- work autonomously as a team, be accountable for your product, and how it fits into the big picture
- work together with other teams to align plans and priorities across the company
What we are asking
- working experience as a product owner in a fast-paced agile software development environment
- understanding of cloud and microservices architectures and provisioning
- interest in and ideally knowledge of Cloud services (xaaS) and trends in the area
- consumer-centered and data-driven mindset
- structured and self-driven working style, eagerness to learn
- good team working and communication skills, and ability to assert yourself
- good English language skills - English is our team language
What you can tell people at a party
“I work for this really cool tech startup and advise them to take the right decisions on behalf of their users.”
Why you´ll love working at Joyn
● Fast-paced startup backed by two of the biggest names in digital entertainment: ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery Networks International
● Great opportunities for personal and professional growth
● Ability to put your stamp on an innovative product
● Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
● Office located in the heart of Munich
● Competitive compensation package
● Flexible working times
● Highly international working environment
● State-of-the-art coffee machines, free fruits, snacks and beverages
Are you ready? We're fast, we’re well-funded and growing quickly. Joyn has just started, It's the best time to join us and shape our vision.