Creative Director/Principal (m/f/d)
Creative and UX – Design
Do you love stories? If so, please keep reading, because we certainly do. We believe the ability to tell stories is what makes us human. Joyn is your streaming app with over 50 live TV channels, exclusive previews, originals and collections. We understand Joyn as a partnership – an invitation to content-providers and users alike to make entertainment more meaningful and fun. Our app aggregates global and especially local content in a relevant way for Germany, both live TV and on-demand content. All kinds of stories and more to come, everyday.
We hire the best, because we need people that are as customer-focused as we are. We are looking for champions to help us further connect with our audience. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. Do you think you’re up for it? Great. Then send us your application!
Do you love design?
Do you really really love design?
Does your heart beat faster when design work is innovative, honest and unobtrusive?
We are looking for a principle CD; meaning we want your full attention on raising the creative design bar every day. No politics, no processes you should worry (too much) about - we want ‘only’ your eye for detail, your taste, and your talent to make our campaigns better. It's not a small and easy task, but a great and exciting one. If you think you’re up for the challenge, please keep reading.
To be clear: This is not a UX/UI design role. (not to say there won’t be overlap). This role is to support our creative & brand team. We conceptualize and design our marketing campaigns and enable other teams to incorporate the Joyn brand in their work. Your 10 commandments will come from Dieter Rams instead from the bible and we count on you to raise the quality on behalf of our viewers.
You will be leading our design program by reviewing and creating design collaterals across all media to support our brand, reporting and in close alignment with the Director of Creative & Brand. You will support the Creative team in the design and review of campaign collaterals; ranging from digital to out-of-home campaigns, social media concepts to guerilla tactics - 360 campaigns.
We’re looking for a multi-talented creative who doesn’t mind flexing his or her creative muscles in a wide range of disciplines in the process of creation.
What would you do?
- Raise the creative design bar
- Role Model to our design team with leading by example
- Preach and teach taste and quality to internal and external teams
- Champion the Joyn Brand across all design collaterals
- Improve and develop our brand further
- Own, develop and evangelize brand personality and purpose
- Quickly develop concept mockups to visualize new ideas in context
- Hands on creative development for key initiatives across channels
- Lead creative development of innovative brand from concept to delivery
- Present creative concepts effectively to senior executives
What we are looking for
- Passion (for design)
- Love (for design)
- Your interesting portfolio
- The ability to provide leadership for inhouse designer
- Establishes and maintains creative standards for all work
- An online portfolio of your work is required
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience driving compelling creative strategy and execution
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience
- Develop, inspire and contribute in building a world-class creative team
- Establish and foster a culture that enables world-class creative development
- Effectively develop cross functional relationships with product, consumer research and marketing teams to develop ad strategy and consumer insights that drive compelling creative executions
- Deep understanding of digital and new media
- Exceptional communication, collaboration and presentation skills
- Copywriting is a +, but not a must-have
- ...but passion is.
What you can tell people at a party
“I work for this really cool tech startup and advise them to take the right decisions on behalf of their users.”
Why you´ll love working at Joyn
● Fast-paced startup backed by two of the biggest names in digital entertainment: ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery Networks International
● Great opportunities for personal and professional growth
● Ability to put your stamp on an innovative product
● Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
● Office located in the heart of Munich
● Competitive compensation package
● Flexible working times
● Highly international working environment
● State-of-the-art coffee machines, free fruits, snacks and beverages
Are you ready? We're fast, we’re well-funded and growing quickly. Joyn has just started, it's the best time to join us and shape our vision.