Android Software Engineer (m/f/d)
Tech – Software
Do you love stories? If so, please keep reading, because we certainly do. We believe the ability to tell stories is what makes us human. Joyn is your streaming app with over 50 live TV channels, exclusive previews, originals and collections. We understand Joyn as a partnership – an invitation to content-providers and users alike to make entertainment more meaningful and fun. Our app aggregates global and especially local content in a relevant way for Germany, both live TV and on-demand content. All kinds of stories and more to come, everyday.
We hire the best, because we need people that are as customer-focused as we are. We are looking for champions to help us further connect with our audience. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. Do you think you’re up for it? Great. Then send us your application!
About the job
We’re looking for a talented Mid Level Android Software Engineer who will make sure our mobile app becomes the best mobile app for streaming video content that users use on a daily basis. You will have an overall responsibility of developing a high quality product to satisfy our customers needs and continuously improving working process, tooling and ways of working.
What you tell people at parties
“I make sure you have your favourite video content under your thumb and in your pocket!”
What would you do
- Develop an awesome video streaming application for Android and AndroidTV with a focus on customer amazement
- Work together with team members to write Kotlin code.
- Research how cutting-edge developments in the Android landscape can be used to improve our app and our development process.
- Evangelise and spread your apps mentality to your colleagues.
How you do it
- You prioritize your own work together with your team and Product Owner in an agile work environment.
- You will receive immediate feedback from end users and you will have a lot of opportunities to experiment.
- You improve the quality of the Android code, ensuring a maintainable architecture.
- You actively coach team members and continuously provide them with constructive feedback.
What we're asking
- You are smart and have some way to prove it.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an Android developer
- You worked with Kotlin, RxJava, some Dependency Injection framework and are able to architect features with the MVVM pattern.
- You are enthusiastic about code quality.
- Agile way of working is almost your second nature.
- You love to work as a force multiplier; to lift the productivity of the whole team.
- You take pride in what you do, but welcome feedback.
- You are adaptable and don't mind stepping outside of your comfort zone.
- Very good communication skills in English
- Willing to relocate to Munich (or you are within daily travel distance)
What you can tell people at a party
“I work for this really cool tech startup and advise them to take the right decisions on behalf of their users.”
Why you´ll love working at Joyn
● Fast-paced startup backed by two of the biggest names in digital entertainment: ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery Networks International
● Great opportunities for personal and professional growth
● Ability to put your stamp on an innovative product
● Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
● Office located in the heart of Munich
● Competitive compensation package
● Flexible working times
● Highly international working environment
● State-of-the-art coffee machines, free fruits, snacks and beverages
Are you ready? We're fast, we’re well-funded and growing quickly. Joyn has just started, It's the best time to join us and shape our vision.