Intern UX Research (m/f/d)
Creative – UXR
Do you love stories? If so, please keep reading, because we certainly do. We believe the ability to tell stories is what makes us human. Joyn is your streaming app with over 50 live TV channels, exclusive previews, originals and collections. We understand Joyn as a partnership – an invitation to content-providers and users alike to make entertainment more meaningful and fun. Our app aggregates global and especially local content in a relevant way for Germany, both live TV and on-demand content. All kinds of stories and more to come, everyday.
We hire the best, because we need people that are as customer-focused as we are. We are looking for champions to help us further connect with our audience. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. Do you think you’re up for it? Great. Then send us your application!
About the job
We are seeking a passionate intern who will support our UX Research & Insights team for 6-12 months starting immediately. As User Experience (UX) Researcher, you will help us answer the most challenging questions in product and design. We are a fun team of 3 researchers and very passionate about reasearch and our users. You will help us conducting qualitative research, exploring the behaviours and motivations of our users, and working with motivated teams of Designers, Product Managers, Engineers and others to build the next-generation video platform’s features. Most importantly, your job as a researcher is to help the UX team understand what would make a user’s experiences feel more intuitive, accessible, fun—and even magical.
User experience (UX) is at the forefront of how we create a platform which people will love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviours, and emotions to yield insights that inform product strategy and guide the design of the experiences we create. We collaborate closely with other departments to solve complex challenges and craft powerful experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities.
What would you do?
- Contribute towards research activities (e.g. lab studies, remote testing, card sorting etc.)
- You will use the raw video material of our interviews and build short highlight videos that will grasp the main findings from the interviews
- Work cross-department with UX, Design and Product Management
What we`re asking?
- You have experience with qualitative user research
- You are keen to learn about video editing & conducting professional user experience research
- You have an analytical mindset
- You are fluent in German and have good Englisch skills
- Ideally, you already have experience with video editing
- Preferably you are a master’s student in the field of HCI, media informatics, media and interaction design or similar
- You have a proactive personality: You strive to find out what our users want
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills
What you can tell people at a party
“I work for this really cool tech startup and advise them to take the right decisions on behalf of their users.”
Why you´ll love working at Joyn
● Fast-paced startup backed by two of the biggest names in digital entertainment: ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery Networks International
● Great opportunities for personal and professional growth
● Ability to put your stamp on an innovative product
● Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
● Office located in the heart of Munich
● Competitive compensation package
● Flexible working times
● Highly international working environment
● State-of-the-art coffee machines, free fruits, snacks and beverages
Are you ready? We're fast, we’re well-funded and growing quickly. Joyn has just started, It's the best time to join us and shape our vision.