Data Tracking Specialist
Tech – Data
Do you love stories? If so, please keep reading, because we certainly do. We believe the ability to tell stories is what makes us human. Joyn is your streaming app with over 50 live TV channels, exclusive previews, originals and collections. We understand Joyn as a partnership – an invitation to content-providers and users alike to make entertainment more meaningful and fun. Our app aggregates global and especially local content in a relevant way for Germany, both live TV and on-demand content. All kinds of stories and more to come, everyday.
We hire the best, because we need people that are as customer-focused as we are. We are looking for champions to help us further connect with our audience. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. Do you think you’re up for it? Great. Then send us your application!
About the job
At Joyn we are building a new video on demand platform and a new data analytics platform to go along with it. Creating a holistic dataset describing users interaction with our product is crucial for this effort. In order to achieve it, we will combine tracking data from our smart TV, mobile and web user interface with CRM, Customer Service and Marketing data in Segment, our Customer Data Platform (CDP). You will own Segment end to end. This includes writing the tracking specifications, working with frontend developers to ensure correct instrumentation, assuring the quality of the data, liaising with relevant stakeholders and collaborating with our data engineers on handing off the data to Kafka, our stream processing data pipeline.
What you would do
- Write tracking specifications for our smart TV, mobile and web user interfaces
- Support our frontend developers who are implement instrumentation code into our front ends, ensuring consistency across all devices
- Assure the quality and consistency of our customer data records through automated tests at build time, monitoring of error queues and debugging instrumentation code where necessary
- Integrate the data and systems of our CRM, Customer Service and Marketing teams into Segment
- Function as the single point of contact for our customer data platform, both for internal and external stakeholders
- Cooperate with the data engineers on our team to ensure delivery of data from Segment to our stream processing data pipeline and analytics tools
What we're asking for
- A degree in or extensive professional experience in the field
- At least two years of relevant professional experience
- You have hands on experience with instrumenting frontends for tracking
- You have written tracking specifications for mobile apps and websites
- An in-depth knowledge of the analytical requirements in the customer data field and the commercial implications of these analyses
- Ideally you have experience with Segment, Telium or Google Tag Manager
- Ideally you have managed various stakeholders, including requirements gathering and ensuring delivery
- Ideally you are familiar with analytics tools such as Amplitude, Mixpanel, Tableau, Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics
- Experience writing in SQL
- Experience with Java, Kotlin or Swift
- Familiarity with stream processing pipelines (e.g. Kafka) and data warehousing (e.g. Snowflake).
Nice to have but not essential:
Why you´ll love it here
• Well-funded, stable and innovative company backed by ProSiebenSat1 and Discovery
• Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
• Brand new office located in the heart of Munich with parking, showers and a canteen
• Competitive compensation package with individual performance bonus
• Flexible working times and home office when you need it
• Highly international working environment
• State-of-the-art coffee machines, free fruits, snacks and beverages
• Company movie events, table tennis, pool table and kicker
Are you ready? We're fast, we’re well-funded and growing quickly. Joyn has just started, it's the best time to
join us and shape our vision.