Senior Product Manager - VoD & Ads (m/f/d)
Product – Product Management
Do you love stories? If so, please keep reading, because we certainly do. We believe the ability to tell stories is what makes us human. Joyn is your streaming app with over 50 live TV channels, exclusive previews, originals and collections. We understand Joyn as a partnership – an invitation to content-providers and users alike to make entertainment more meaningful and fun. Our app aggregates global and especially local content in a relevant way for Germany, both live TV and on-demand content. All kinds of stories and more to come, everyday.
We hire the best, because we need people that are as customer-focused as we are. We are looking for champions to help us further connect with our audience. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. Do you think you’re up for it? Great. Then send us your application!
About the job
We need an enthusiastic product thinker to help our team build and execute a strategy for our big aspiration. By using data and customer insights, you will envision and build delightful and revolutionary experiences.
Your focus will be on driving the development of Joyn’s VoD streaming and video advertising, making sure our content is monetized, while providing a meaningful and unobtrusive customer experience. You will be an active part of Joyn’s product management team, and work with skilled teams of engineers and UXers to execute on our product strategy.
What you tell people at parties
“I work for this really cool tech startup, enabling meaningful and unobtrusive ad experiences that allow our customers enjoy great contents free-of-charge.”
What you do
- Execute and potentially develop the product strategy and roadmap for VoD streaming and video advertising
- Work together with engineering and UX in an agile team (the VoD & Ads team), own the team’s backlog, and apply agile best practices to continuously create consumer value together with your team
- Become an authority on your product area and identify areas of opportunity through research and data
- Define, understand, and improve key funnels and metrics
- Own features and experiments end-to-end, including writing product specs and creating wires, driving cross-functional execution, making thoughtful product decisions along the way, and sharing insights and results throughout the company
What we are asking
- Proven experience leading major product or growth initiatives in fast-paced software development environments: You have a track record of taking rough themes and big ideas, turning them into a roadmap of features, experiments, and research with minimal guidance, and implementing product features in an agile fashion
- Data-driven mindset: You deeply understand how your product works and how to measure long-term impact; you know every step of the funnel; you can design, run, and interpret experiments and A/B tests, and probably know a bit of SQL
- Technical and business fluency: You are able to understand and discuss concepts and new opportunities with technical team members; you have an interest in video streaming, ad tech, and the business aspects around those; you are not afraid of acronyms such as ABR, AWS, CDN, CPC, CPM, CTR, DMP, DRM, DSP, GAM, H.26x, IAB, I/O, JSON, VAST, VMAP, VPAID, RTB, SSAI, SSP - and it’s a big plus if you are already familiar with some of that stuff
- Ability to think both big and small: You are as comfortable whiteboarding a completely new experience as you are optimizing an existing flow and know when to do which
- Product taste and craftsmanship: You are the voice of our users, you are passionate about identifying and solving meaningful user problems
- Natural leadership: You know how to influence people to get things done across any job function; people love working with you
- Strong communication: You speak English fluently, and your written communication is clear and effective
What you can tell people at a party
“I work for this really cool tech startup and advise them to take the right decisions on behalf of their users.”
Why you´ll love working at Joyn
● Fast-paced startup backed by two of the biggest names in digital entertainment: ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery Networks International
● Great opportunities for personal and professional growth
● Ability to put your stamp on an innovative product
● Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
● Office located in the heart of Munich
● Competitive compensation package
● Flexible working times
● Highly international working environment
● State-of-the-art coffee machines, free fruits, snacks and beverages
Are you ready? We're fast, we’re well-funded and growing quickly. Joyn has just started, it's the best time to join us and shape our vision.