Agile Delivery Lead (m/f/x)
Munich or Remote /
Tech – Software /
Do you love stories? If so, please keep reading, because we certainly do. We believe the ability to tell stories is what makes us human. Joyn is your streaming app with over 65 live TV channels, exclusive previews, originals and collections. We understand Joyn as a partnership – an invitation to content-providers and users alike to make entertainment more meaningful and fun. Our app aggregates global and especially local content in a relevant way for Germany, both live TV and on-demand content. All kinds of stories and more to come, everyday.
We hire the best, because we need people that are as customer-focused as we are. We are looking for champions to help us further connect with our audience. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. Do you think you’re up for it? Great. Then send us your application!
About the Job
We are looking for an experienced Delivery Lead who will be driving the delivery of major products and features across our product & engineering organisation. You will be responsible for coordinating the planning, estimation, execution and communication of product delivery work across many cross-functional teams with multiple dependencies.
What you tell people at parties
"I work with product and engineering teams on shipping features and new products, making sure that we continuously deliver user value in small increments in an environment in which we enjoy coming to work every day"
WHAT YOU DO
- You work closely together with Product, Tech, UI/UX and Design to help build and drive the product roadmap.
- You drive the delivery of major features and consumer value by planning, coordinating the delivery and release of these complex cross-team engineering initiatives.
- You identify and take care of bottlenecks and impediments that block teams progress and you can turn around impediments quickly and know how to navigate the organisation to do so.
- Identifying key cross-team decisions and facilitate discussions that consent
- Negotiating scope and managing trade-offs for delivery and cost/benefit process improvement decisions.
- Managing progress, risks and issues with teams and stakeholders.
- Proactively communicate with stakeholders and the wider community to explain what’s going on.
- You ensure technical debt is being managed.
- Promote and support agile practises within your team(s) and help the team to continuously deliver value and continuously improve.
- You are data-driven and create visibility into teams and progress by providing the right metrics and KPIs around their ways of working, product quality, etc.
- Encourage a culture of openness and transparency where we celebrate success and failure.
- Facilitate a collaborative, innovative, well-managed and customer-focused culture.
- Be an active member of the agile community within Joyn and participate in continuous improvement within this discipline across the whole company.
HOW YOU DO IT
- You are a leader who influences teams across the organization and goes beyond the standard Agile, Scrum, Kanban, XP, Scrumban textbook examples.
- You constantly challenge the status quo and look for continuous improvements. What works today won’t work tomorrow and we can always do better.
- In your role, communication is key. You can communicate effectively, exchange information within the team and across teams, and you help us ensure we all speak the same language and go out of the room with the same understanding.
- You bring the right drive and mindset for a learning culture and you have the ability to absorb and apply new knowledge and skills.
- There is no one size fits all when it comes to people and you understand the impact on others and how to tweak your approach for the situation and context.
- We won’t tell you what the next step is, so you need to be self–motivated, driven to succeed, focused on results and passionate about the job.
- We want to change the media industry in Germany and Europe which means we need to be able to adapt quickly. You enjoy reacting to changing business needs, cultures, conditions and work responsibilities.
WHAT WE'RE ASKING
- Extensive experience as Delivery Lead/ Scrum Master / Agile Delivery Lead in large engineering organizations (>10 teams), experience in shipping consumer products
- Knowledge about agile project management tools, including practical knowledge of Jira
- Knowledge about large scale agile ways of working
- Proven background in software and technology, ideally first-hand software engineering experience
- Real-world experience (battle scars) with large-scale agile ways of working including knowledge of scaled agile frameworks like SAFe, Nexus, LeSS, DAD, etc.
- A sense for team dynamics and dysfunctions within teams
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- University degree in computer science, information technology, or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in spoken and written English, as it is our company language in a diverse environment (we employ people from ~35 different nations)
Why you`ll love it here
• Well-funded, stable and innovative company backed by ProSiebenSat1 and Discovery
• Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
• Brand new office located in the heart of Munich with parking, showers and a canteen
• Competitive compensation package
• Flexible working times and home office
• Highly international working environment
• State-of-the-art coffee machines, free fruits, snacks and beverages
• Company movie events, table tennis, pool table and kicker
Are you ready? Joyn has just started, it's the best time to join us and shape our vision.