Scrum Master / Agile Coach (m/f/x)
Munich (Germany) or Remote (EU) /
Tech – Software /
Do you love stories? If so, please keep reading, because we certainly do. We believe the ability to tell stories is what makes us human. Joyn is your streaming app with over 65 live TV channels, exclusive previews, originals and collections. We understand Joyn as a partnership – an invitation to content-providers and users alike to make entertainment more meaningful and fun. Our app aggregates global and especially local content in a relevant way for Germany, both live TV and on-demand content. All kinds of stories and more to come, everyday.
We hire the best, because we need people that are as customer-focused as we are. We are looking for champions to help us further connect with our audience. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. Do you think you’re up for it? Great. Then send us your application!
About the job
We are looking for a local or remote working Scrum Master/ Agile Coach responsible for guiding and coaching the up to 2 Teams within the Engineering/ Product and UX Departments on how to use Agile practices and principles to deliver high quality products and services to our customers.
What you tell people at parties
"I work with product and engineering teams to ship features and new products to continuously deliver value in small increments and ensure people enjoy coming to work every day"
What would you do?
- You facilitate and support lean and agile ceremonies within an allocated team(s) by helping the team to continually improve and deliver.
- You get a team to a high performing level by recognizing areas of strength and improvement and employing appropriate coaching and development techniques.
- You coach the Scrum team in self-organization, cross-functional skill set, domain knowledge and communicate effectively concerning the sprint/ iteration deliverables and their values to the stakeholders, both internally and externally working within the Scrum team.
- You resolve team impediments with other Scrum Masters and Delivery Leads to increase the effectiveness of the application of agile frameworks in the organization.
- Predictability & Capacity is one of your primary focal points, you will be adept at understanding how multiple teams performance will affect the delivery of features and won’t be afraid of using this information to help optimise flow.
- You will make sure the feature/ delivery/ goal/ sprint goal is on time and is built to an appropriate level of quality.
- You ensure technical debt is being managed.
- You are data-driven and know the right metrics and KPIs to use in different scenarios to reflect issues that need resolving and regularly use these metrics to applaud good collaboration and teamwork.
- You must be an active member of the agile community within Joyn and participate in continuous improvement within this discipline across the whole company.
How would you do it
- You are a leader with a strong agile mindset who influences teams across the organisation and goes beyond the standard Agile, Scrum, Kanban, XP, Scrumban textbook examples.
- You constantly challenge the status quo and look for continuous improvements both in your own approach and in the company as a whole. What works today won’t work tomorrow and we can always do better.
- In your role, communication and flexibility is key. You can communicate effectively, exchange information within the team and across teams, and help your colleagues ensure we all speak the same language and go out of the room with the same understanding.
- You focus on value creation together with Tech Leads, Product Owners and UX (ensuring they are accountable and challenging them).
- You bring the right drive and mindset for a learning culture and you have the ability to absorb and apply new knowledge and skills.
- You take a flexible approach depending on the individual, context and situation to get the best out of people and leave people feeling respected but challenged.
- We won’t tell you what the next step is, so you need to be self–motivated, driven to succeed, focused on results and passionate about the job.
- You enjoy reacting to changing business needs, cultures, conditions and work responsibilities and are up for the challenge of changing the media industry and Europe.
What we are asking
- Min. 3 years of Hands on Experience as a Scrum Master/ Agile Coach in large engineering organisations (>10 teams/for up to 2 teams at the same time) and experience shipping products
- A fast-paced environment is something you feel really comfortable in
- Knowledge about product management tools, including practical knowledge of Jira
- Knowledge about large scale agile ways of working
- Professional working experience in leading and coaching software engineering teams (a sense for team dynamics and dysfunctions within teams)
- University degree in computer science, information technology, or equivalent experience would be a plus
- Proficiency in spoken and written English, as it is our company language in a diverse environment (we employ people from ~35 different nations)
Why you`ll love it here
• Well-funded, stable and innovative company backed by ProSiebenSat1 and Discovery
• Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
• Brand new office located in the heart of Munich with parking, showers and a canteen
• Competitive compensation package
• Flexible working times and home office
• Highly international working environment
• State-of-the-art coffee machines, free fruits, snacks and beverages
• Company movie events, table tennis, pool table and kicker
Are you ready? Joyn has just started, it's the best time to join us and shape our vision.