General Admin / IT Engineer (m/f/d)
Corporate – IT
Do you love stories? If so, please keep reading, because we certainly do. We believe the ability to tell stories is what makes us human. Joyn is your streaming app with over 50 live TV channels, exclusive previews, originals and collections. We understand Joyn as a partnership – an invitation to content-providers and users alike to make entertainment more meaningful and fun. Our app aggregates global and especially local content in a relevant way for Germany, both live TV and on-demand content. All kinds of stories and more to come, everyday.
We hire the best, because we need people that are as customer-focused as we are. We are looking for champions to help us further connect with our audience. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. Do you think you’re up for it? Great. Then send us your application!
ABOUT THE JOB
We currently have a need for a General Admin / IT Engineer to support our internal IT Systems, support staff with day to day requirements and support our development teams with custom solutions. You will work in a team environment and be responsible for ensuring that our complete IT landscape is functional, secure and tuned for high availability. In addition, this individual will work on special projects as needed. On-call support might be required on a rotating schedule.
WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
- Install, configure and support employees software and computer systems (Mac and Windows)
- Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems
- Design and deploy networks; maintain network servers such as file servers, and VPN gateways. Configure, test and maintain Cisco network infrastructure (WiFi, switches, routers and firewalls)
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with software and hardware
- Configure, maintain and work with Desktop Management Software
- Walk colleagues or clients through steps to help them resolve their technical problems
- Analyze records and logs to spot underlying trends and potential issues
- Deploy, maintain and manage authorization in Active Directory and OKTA
- Configure and maintain Servers like AD, DNS, DHCP, Radius and NAS
- Deploy and manage Symantec antivirus and network protection
- Support the implementation of new solutions or applications
- Test, evaluate, and make decisions about new technology for the business
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- 2-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Specific experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2016 to 2019
- CompTIA A+, CompTIA Net+, CCNA Routing, and Switching, Microsoft certification or other related IT professional certification, certifications are preferred
- Working knowledge and expertise with a variety of software, hardware, and applications
- Familiar with Cisco ASA firewall technology and Cisco switching, routing and WiFi
- Familiar with Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Familiar with Google Suite
- Familiar with SSO tools
- Familiar with Desktop Management Software
- Willingness to solve complicated problems and see projects through to completion
- Analytical skills to study problems and records and identify solutions
- Team-oriented attitude to help other colleagues and departments with technical problems
- Strong interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills
- Ability to manage time and effectively prioritize numerous projects at one time
- Broadcast and media industry experience is a plus
What you can tell people at a party
“I work for this really cool tech startup and advise them to take the right decisions on behalf of their users.”
Why you´ll love working at Joyn
● Fast-paced startup backed by two of the biggest names in digital entertainment: ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery Networks International
● Great opportunities for personal and professional growth
● Ability to put your stamp on an innovative product
● Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
● Office located in the heart of Munich
● Competitive compensation package
● Flexible working times
● Highly international working environment
● State-of-the-art coffee machines, free fruits, snacks and beverages
Are you ready? We're fast, we’re well-funded and growing quickly. Joyn has just started, It's the best time to join us and shape our vision.