Tech – Software
Do you love stories? If so, please keep reading, because we certainly do. We believe the ability to tell stories is what makes us human. Joyn is your streaming app with over 50 live TV channels, exclusive previews, originals and collections. We understand Joyn as a partnership – an invitation to content-providers and users alike to make entertainment more meaningful and fun. Our app aggregates global and especially local content in a relevant way for Germany, both live TV and on-demand content. All kinds of stories and more to come, everyday.
We hire the best, because we need people that are as customer-focused as we are. We are looking for champions to help us further connect with our audience. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. Do you think you’re up for it? Great. Then send us your application!
ABOUT THE JOB..
WHAT YOU TELL PEOPLE AT PARTIES
"No additional apps, just your favourite video content on any device - We make it happen!"
WHAT WOULD YOU DO
- Develop our web applications (bringing the idea of micro services to the frontend) to deliver a web platform with a focus on customer amazement
- Acquire latest knowledge on web technologies, dev-trends and best practices, share them within the team and/or discus them in a community of practice
HOW YOU DO IT
- You prioritize your own work together with your team and Product Owner in an agile work environment
- You will receive immediate feedback from end users and you will have a lot of opportunities to experiment
- You improve the quality of the web application, ensuring a maintainable architecture
- You actively coach team members and continuously provide them with constructive feedback
WHAT WE'RE ASKING
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an web developer
- You have realized projects with react, sass, GraphQL, webpack
- You have used tools/services like: npm, github, aws
- You're experienced when it comes to improving your colleagues craftsmanship and technical skills
- You care about code quality
- Agile way of working is almost your second nature
- You love to work as a force multiplier; to lift the productivity of the whole team
- You take pride in what you do, but welcome feedback
- You are adaptable and don't mind stepping outside of your comfort zone
- Good communication skills in English
- Willing to relocate to Munich (or you are within daily travel distance)
Why you´ll love working at Joyn
● Fast-paced startup backed by two of the biggest names in digital entertainment: ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery Networks International
● Great opportunities for personal and professional growth
● Ability to put your stamp on an innovative product
● Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
● Office located in the heart of Munich
● Competitive compensation package
● Flexible working times
● Highly international working environment
● State-of-the-art coffee machines, free fruits, snacks and beverages
Are you ready? We're fast, we’re well-funded and growing quickly. Joyn has just started, it's the best time to join us and shape our vision.