Tech – Software
Do you love stories? If so, please keep reading, because we certainly do. We believe the ability to tell stories is what makes us human. Joyn is your streaming app with over 50 live TV channels, exclusive previews, originals and collections. We understand Joyn as a partnership – an invitation to content-providers and users alike to make entertainment more meaningful and fun. Our app aggregates global and especially local content in a relevant way for Germany, both live TV and on-demand content. All kinds of stories and more to come, everyday.
We hire the best, because we need people that are as customer-focused as we are. We are looking for champions to help us further connect with our audience. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. Do you think you’re up for it? Great. Then send us your application!
About this job
platform that users enjoy on a daily basis. You will have an overall responsibility of developing a high quality
product to satisfy our customers needs and continuously improving working process, tooling and ways of
working across multiple teams.
We currently work with TypeScript, React, GraphQL, and Node.js, however we value the ability to adapt
with changing technology.
What we're looking for
- You have deployed to AWS before and know how to scale to millions of users
- You have an idea about how to utilize unit, integration and end-to-end tests to ensure quality
- Good communication skills in English (we employ people from over 30 countries)
- Willingness to relocate to Munich (or you are within daily travel distance)
Opportunities to make an impact
- At Joyn, we look for a broad skillset - you will have the opportunity to shape our product in many ways, depending what interests you the most:
- You could be working on web micro-frontends or Smart TV applications using React, Typescript and GraphQL, extending our shared component library that is consumed by multiple clients, contributing to our microservices and GraphQL API or implementing tests using Jest and Cypress.
- Our teams are flexible and often changing, but if you prefer working on one platform that is fine as well.
- You can find a list of technologies we're currently using on our Stackshare page.
Our ways of working
- We work in an agile environment, prioritizing tasks with your team and the Product Owner
- We incorporate immediate feedback from end users and use data to generate new ideas - "facts
- before ego"
- We continuously challenge and improve the quality of our applications, ensuring a maintainable architecture
- We actively coach team members and continuously provide them with constructive feedback
- We have regular events and encourage initiatives to enable knowledge sharing and cross-team collaboration
Why you´ll love it here
• Well-funded, stable and innovative company backed by ProSiebenSat1 and Discovery
• Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
• Brand new office located in the heart of Munich with parking, showers and a canteen
• Competitive compensation package with individual performance bonus
• Flexible working times and home office when you need it
• Highly international working environment
• State-of-the-art coffee machines, free fruits, snacks and beverages
• Company movie events, table tennis, pool table and kicker
Are you ready? We're fast, we’re well-funded and growing quickly. Joyn has just started, it's the best time to
join us and shape our vision.