Lead Data Engineer - Stream Processing (f/m/d)
Tech – BI
Do you love stories? If so, please keep reading, because we certainly do. We believe the ability to tell stories is what makes us human. Joyn is your streaming app with over 50 live TV channels, exclusive previews, originals and collections. We understand Joyn as a partnership – an invitation to content-providers and users alike to make entertainment more meaningful and fun. Our app aggregates global and especially local content in a relevant way for Germany, both live TV and on-demand content. All kinds of stories and more to come, everyday.
We hire the best, because we need people that are as customer-focused as we are. We are looking for champions to help us further connect with our audience. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. Do you think you’re up for it? Great. Then send us your application!
What you can expect
● Assume the technical leadership role for the team building our new stream processing
data platform, based on Kafka and Snowflake
● You will develop and optimize strategies for our stream processing pipeline using
KStreams and Java
● Drive a culture of good engineering practises and implement processes, systems and
tools to aid and empower the team in their day to day work.
● Facilitate technical design and architectural discussions in your team and align with
other engineering teams
● Together with our teams you will work on business requirements and translate them
into technical specifications
● You will develop our systems and processes hands-on
● Advocate the use of stream processing through-out the engineering organisation and
help teams in other domains to implement efficient stream processing architectures
● Drive the future road map of our data platform by researching new tools and
How you do it
- You have a deep passion for working on a mission-driven tech product that is designed to solve a complex user problem
- For your team of talented engineers you provide technical leadership and guide the team in technical and product decisions and help us meet the product and business requirements with your technical solution.
- You believe in a servant leadership style that creates a healthy culture of collaboration and inclusion in line with the engineering and company values where people can fulfil their potential.
- You believe sharing your knowledge benefits everybody on the team and you mentor and develop the skills of the developers in your team.
- We like to get any potential elephants out of the room and resolve possible conflicts so we can focus on the product. You help us build an open, collaborative and candid culture that is built on trust.
- You are the technical wingman of the Director of Data Engineering and work closely with them to solve difficult product and business problems.
- You lead by example and instil the values that ensure your team maintains a high level of competence and operational excellence
- You have fun at work!
- You have a degree in computer science or a very high level of practical experience in the field
- You have been working in data engineering or business intelligence for several years, ideally in media or ecommerce
- Professional working experience in KStreams and Java, additional programming languages are a plus
- You have architected several stream processing solutions
- Experience with Spark and Scala are a benefit
- You have a good overview of the various data processing frameworks and tools in the market
- Experience with AWS services, especially auto-scaling and serverless
- Working experience with CI/CD, test- and deployment automation, and containers
- English is our team language
What you can tell people at a party
“I work for this really cool tech startup and advise them to take the right decisions on behalf of their users.”
Why you´ll love working at Joyn
● Fast-paced startup backed by two of the biggest names in digital entertainment: ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery Networks International
● Great opportunities for personal and professional growth
● Ability to put your stamp on an innovative product
● Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
● Office located in the heart of Munich
● Competitive compensation package
● Flexible working times
● Highly international working environment
● State-of-the-art coffee machines, free fruits, snacks and beverages
Are you ready? We're fast, we’re well-funded and growing quickly. Joyn has just started, It's the best time to join us and shape our vision.