Backend Software Engineer - Devops (m/f/d)
Tech – Software
Do you love stories? If so, please keep reading, because we certainly do. We believe the ability to tell stories is what makes us human. Joyn is your streaming app with over 50 live TV channels, exclusive previews, originals and collections. We understand Joyn as a partnership – an invitation to content-providers and users alike to make entertainment more meaningful and fun. Our app aggregates global and especially local content in a relevant way for Germany, both live TV and on-demand content. All kinds of stories and more to come, everyday.
We hire the best, because we need people that are as customer-focused as we are. We are looking for champions to help us further connect with our audience. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. Do you think you’re up for it? Great. Then send us your application!
About the Job
We are looking for a Backend Software Engineer with a key focus on Devops to help build and operate the next generation streaming platform for the German market. Together with your team you are building message driven micro services that communicate through Kafka and run on Docker in AWS. These services power our clients to run across all our platforms and delight our consumers with live streaming and video on demand content.
The role will sit with in our Joyn Selection team, a full stack value chain, responsible for developing our partnerships product. This will allow users to enjoy our platform for viewing content in various sectors such as Healthcare, Travel and Fitness.
Some of the key technologies we use in this area are: TypeScript, GitLab, Puppet, Edge Computing, AWS, NodeJS, GraphQL, Docker, microservices architecture, Embedded Systems and React
What you do
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Working in collaborative teams
- Adapt and step outside of your comfort zone
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
What we're asking
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design
- 3+ years of software engineering or development experience
- Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages.
- Experience working with two or more from the following: web/mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, Unix/Linux environments, developing large software systems, security software development.
Why you´ll love it here
• Well-funded, stable and innovative company backed by ProSiebenSat1 and Discovery
• Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
• Brand new office located in the heart of Munich with parking, showers and a canteen
• Competitive compensation package with individual performance bonus
• Flexible working times and home office when you need it
• Highly international working environment
• State-of-the-art coffee machines, free fruits, snacks and beverages
• Company movie events, table tennis, pool table and kicker
Are you ready? We're fast, we’re well-funded and growing quickly. Joyn has just started, it's the best time to
join us and shape our vision.