Data Engineer (DWH) - Data Vault - (m/f/d)
Tech – BI
Do you love stories? If so, please keep reading, because we certainly do. We believe the ability to tell stories is what makes us human. Joyn is your streaming app with over 50 live TV channels, exclusive previews, originals and collections. We understand Joyn as a partnership – an invitation to content-providers and users alike to make entertainment more meaningful and fun. Our app aggregates global and especially local content in a relevant way for Germany, both live TV and on-demand content. All kinds of stories and more to come, everyday.
We hire the best, because we need people that are as customer-focused as we are. We are looking for champions to help us further connect with our audience. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. Do you think you’re up for it? Great. Then send us your application!
At Joyn you will work with the sizeable data of our video streaming platform as well as data from external sources. Together with a team of talented and passionate data engineers you are building a data platform in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment. We strive to enable a great user experience for our users and allow our colleagues to confidently base their decisions on our data. You contribute to this mission by using and further developing our Data Vault automation framework to ingest data, create Information Marts for analytics and dashboarding and ingesting data from 3rd parties.
What you can expect
- Build our new data warehouse, based on Snowflake and DataVault 2.0
- Contribute to the development of our Data Vault automation framework, based on Snowflake’s Streams and Tasks
- Use our framework to ingest data into our Datas Vault
- Gather requirements from our colleagues in Analytics & Data Science and create Information marts for analytics and dashboarding
- Ingest data from 3rd party sources, using Python scripts deployed as AWS Lambda functions or Docker containers on Fargate
- Conduct code reviews with your teammates
- Work with the teams QA Automation Engineer to create unit tests and an automated test framework to ensure our data is always accurate
- You have a degree in computer science or a very high level of practical experience in the field
- You have been working in data engineering or business intelligence for several years, ideally in media or ecommerce
- A fast-paced and ever changing environment is something you feel really comfortable in
- Professional working experience in SQL and Python, additional languages are a plus
- You have several years of experience in developing and operating sections of the core data warehouse and individual data marts
- You are well versed in working with analytical databases, ideally Snowflake
- Practical experience with the Data Vault 2.0 approach is a strong plus
- Experience with AWS services, especially Lambda functions and Cloudwatch
- Working experience with CI/CD, test- and deployment automation, and containers
Why you´ll love working at Joyn
● Fast-paced startup backed by two of the biggest names in digital entertainment: ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery Networks International
● Great opportunities for personal and professional growth
● Ability to put your stamp on an innovative product
● Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
● Office located in the heart of Munich
● Competitive compensation package
● Flexible working times
● Highly international working environment
● State-of-the-art coffee machines, free fruits, snacks and beverages
Are you ready? We're fast, we’re well-funded and growing quickly. Joyn has just started, it's the best time to join us and shape our vision.