Senior Android Engineer (m/f/x)
Tech – Software /
Do you love stories? If so, please keep reading, because we certainly do. We believe the ability to tell stories is what makes us human. Joyn is your streaming app with over 50 live TV channels, exclusive previews, originals and collections. We understand Joyn as a partnership – an invitation to content-providers and users alike to make entertainment more meaningful and fun. Our app aggregates global and especially local content in a relevant way for Germany, both live TV and on-demand content. All kinds of stories and more to come, everyday.
We hire the best, because we need people that are as customer-focused as we are. We are looking for champions to help us further connect with our audience. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. Do you think you’re up for it? Great. Then send us your application!
About the job
We are looking for a Senior Android Engineer to help build and operate the next generation streaming platform for the German market. The Android team is building our brand new streaming app that aggregates multiple content partners on the german market into one highly personalised user experience including live streaming, catch up content and premium subscription based streaming content. You will be building this user experience across mobile, tablet and big screen (Android TV, FireTV) devices with your team and be able to solve all the engineering challenges that come with scale and diversity of platforms.
What you tell people at parties
“I am working with my awesome engineering teams to rapidly build and test features and products that entertain people”
What you would do
- Help building an awesome video streaming application for Android Mobile and Android TV for millions of customers
- Research how cutting-edge developments in the Android landscape can be used to improve our apps and development process
- Work closely with our Product, UX and Tech departments to architect new features and improve existing implementations
- Evangelise and spread your positive mentality to your colleagues
- Work on a modern tech stack consisting of Gitlab, Gradle, Kotlin, AndroidX, Koin/Winter, RxJava2, OkHttp, Apollo GraphQL
- Continuously identify and resolve technical debt, quality issues and gaps in engineering processes.
- Apply pragmatic solutions, find the right tradeoffs and seek to reduce complexity to help teams deliver and increase leverage for the organisation.
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices.
- Translate product and business vision and strategy into your team and translate into outward looking technology strategy.
What we are asking for
- Significant, sound, and proven experience in building compelling consumer apps based on Android
- Adept at developing in one or more common programming languages such as Kotlin, Java.
- Proven track record of taking a pragmatic approach while solving problems
- Being a good listener, but also argue for the cause when needed
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment and able to deal with change.
- You strive to improve the overall quality and maintainability of the existing code base
- You have deep experience in the Android ecosystem
- Bonus - If you are familiar with iOS development
Why you`ll love it here
• Well-funded, stable and innovative company backed by ProSiebenSat1 and Discovery
• Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
• Brand new office located in the heart of Munich with parking, showers and a canteen
• Competitive compensation package
• Flexible working times and home office when you need it
• Highly international working environment
• State-of-the-art coffee machines, free fruits, snacks and beverages
• Company movie events, table tennis, pool table and kicker
Are you ready? We're fast, we’re well-funded and growing quickly. Joyn has just started, it's the best time to join us and shape our vision.