Senior Site Reliability Engineer (m/f/x)
Tech – Software /
Do you love stories? If so, please keep reading, because we certainly do. We believe the ability to tell stories is what makes us human. Joyn is your streaming app with over 65 live TV channels, exclusive previews, originals and collections. We understand Joyn as a partnership – an invitation to content-providers and users alike to make entertainment more meaningful and fun. Our app aggregates global and especially local content in a relevant way for Germany, both live TV and on-demand content. All kinds of stories and more to come, everyday.
We hire the best, because we need people that are as customer-focused as we are. We are looking for champions to help us further connect with our audience. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. Do you think you’re up for it? Great. Then send us your application!
About the Job
We are looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to help build and operate the next generation streaming platform for the German market. Together with the team, you are building the new glue code and tools for our platform, based on AWS and GCP, which is the core of all our services. Our mission is to provide our Engineering teams with an up-to-date and easy-to-use toolset following the best practices in the industry.
What you tell people at parties
"My services run in a large-scale cloud environment, making sure the audience can enjoy live streaming and video on demand in the Joyn app on any device, anywhere."
What you will do
- Design and provide best practices in terms of cloud-infrastructure provisioning and usage of several cloud services
- Foster excellence in development teams in points of security, scalability, and reliability
- Setup and maintain monitoring, metrics, and alerting systems for fine-grained observability of the entire infrastructure and Joyn product
- Automate the build and deployment processes for our engineering teams
- Provide technical guidance and tools for our engineering teams for faster releases
- Support the engineering teams on their microservice principles and architectural approaches
- Actively participate in architecture discussions and propose solutions to system and product changes across teams
- Be part of an on-call schedule (24x7) handling incident management to the engineering teams
- Develop documentation and training to onboard and level up the infrastructure knowledge within the organization.
How you will do it
- You enjoy solving difficult technical problems in the team
- We like you to take ownership of the tools that you are building and work with your colleagues to deliver a reliable, monitored, and highly available solution
- You develop code for solving complex infrastructure problems, and you find solutions that are configurable, easy-to-maintain, and sustainable
- We care about our consumers, engineering teams, and end-users, and we are listening and reflecting on their needs when we are designing a solution
- You learn from both success and failure, actively coach, and get coached by the team
What we are looking for
- (5+) years of experience in DevOps or Site Reliability Engineer or Software developer roles
- (2+) years of experience with one of the major cloud providers, AWS preferred
- A passionate Linux enthusiast with a good understanding of CS fundamentals
- Experience with Infrastructure as a Code in at least one of AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, Terragrunt
- Scripting knowledge in any modern language like Python, Golang, Java, NodeJs, Ruby
- Experience in building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with monitoring systems like Prometheus, Dynatrace, and ELK stack
- Experience in container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes
- AWS ECS experience is a plus
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills with an appreciation of technical risks
- University degree in computer science, information technology, media engineering, or equivalent
- Good written and verbal communication skills - English is our team language.
Why you`ll love it here
• Well-funded, stable and innovative company backed by ProSiebenSat1 and Discovery
• Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
• Brand new office located in the heart of Munich with parking, showers and a canteen
• Competitive compensation package
• Flexible working times and home office
• Highly international working environment
• State-of-the-art coffee machines, free fruits, snacks and beverages
• Company movie events, table tennis, pool table and kicker
Are you ready? Joyn has just started, it's the best time to join us and shape our vision.