Senior Backend Engineer- Node.JS (m/f/d)
Tech – Software
Do you love stories? If so, please keep reading, because we certainly do. We believe the ability to tell stories is what makes us human. Joyn is your streaming app with over 50 live TV channels, exclusive previews, originals and collections. We understand Joyn as a partnership – an invitation to content-providers and users alike to make entertainment more meaningful and fun. Our app aggregates global and especially local content in a relevant way for Germany, both live TV and on-demand content. All kinds of stories and more to come, everyday.
We hire the best, because we need people that are as customer-focused as we are. We are looking for champions to help us further connect with our audience. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. Do you think you’re up for it? Great. Then send us your application!
ABOUT THE JOB..
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help build and operate the next generation streaming platform for the German market. Together with your team you are building message driven micro services in Node.js or Python that communicate through Kafka and run on Docker in AWS. The services power our clients that run accross all platforms (mobile, web, OTT, SmartTVs, PS4, you name it) and delight our consumers with live streaming and video on demand content.
WHAT YOU TELL PEOPLE AT PARTIES
"My services run in a large-scale cloud environment, making sure you can enjoy live streaming and video on demand in the 7TV app on any device, anywhere"
WHAT WOULD YOU DO
- Develop cutting-edge micro services in Node.js or Python for 7TV's live and vod products.
- Work as a team, respect and support each other in the team, practise agile methodologies including TDD and pair programming.
- Deploy your code multiple times a day and take care of running your services in production on AWS.
- Learn and succeed in areas you haven’t touched before.
- Follow trends in software and streaming tech and turn your learnings into features and improvements that delight our customers.
HOW YOU DO IT
- You enjoy solving difficult technical problems in the team - because 1+1=3
- We value autonomy in the teams and at the same time we like you to take ownership of the products you are building.
- You get a chance to work with Node.js, Kafka, AWS, Docker, you name it.
- You develop code for solving complex business problems, and you find solutions that are simple, beautiful, and sustainable
- We really care about the product and you should keep the consumer in mind when designing your solution together with product
- Learn from both success and failure, actively coach and get coached by the team
WHAT WE'RE ASKING FOR
- A fast-paced environment is something you feel really comfortable in
- University degree in computer science, information technology, media engineering, or equivalent
- Professional working experience in Node.js/Python, additional languages are a plus
- Broad knowledge of micro service technologies
- Experience with AWS services, especially auto-scaling and serverless
- Working experience with CI/CD, test- and deployment automation, and containers
- English is our team language
What you can tell people at a party
“I work for this really cool tech startup and advise them to take the right decisions on behalf of their users.”
Why you´ll love working at Joyn
● Fast-paced startup backed by two of the biggest names in digital entertainment: ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery Networks International
● Great opportunities for personal and professional growth
● Ability to put your stamp on an innovative product
● Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
● Office located in the heart of Munich
● Competitive compensation package
● Flexible working times
● Highly international working environment
● State-of-the-art coffee machines, free fruits, snacks and beverages
Are you ready? We're fast, we’re well-funded and growing quickly. Joyn has just started, It's the best time to join us and shape our vision.