Release Engineer (Open to remote in Germany or UK)
Tech – Software /
Do you love stories? If so, please keep reading, because we certainly do. We believe the ability to tell stories is what makes us human. Joyn is your streaming app with over 50 live TV channels, exclusive previews, originals and collections. We understand Joyn as a partnership – an invitation to content-providers and users alike to make entertainment more meaningful and fun. Our app aggregates global and especially local content in a relevant way for Germany, both live TV and on-demand content. All kinds of stories and more to come, everyday.
We hire the best, because we need people that are as customer-focused as we are. We are looking for champions to help us further connect with our audience. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. Do you think you’re up for it? Great. Then send us your application!
About the job
We're looking for a passionate and proactive Release Engineer that can help us ship the best Joyn experience to all of our supported platforms (web, phones, smart-tvs and more).
Your tasks will include coordinating with multiple teams from Engineering, UX, Design and Product. You will determine priority, impact and rollout strategy for new features as well as maintaining excellent software quality and a great experience for our users.
What we're looking for
- You have spent some years writing production-grade software and apps
- You can align multiple developer teams and know how to negotiate dependencies and requirements
- You have experience with release strategies and best practices (e.g. canary, ABN testing, feature toggles etc.)
- You value quality in software and know how to achieve it using proper testing techniques
- Good communication skills in English (we employ people from over 30 countries)
- Ability to work well in a remote environment
Opportunities to make an impact
- You can be single point of contact for product and engineering to align release priorities and feature rollouts
- You can have an immediate impact on millions of users
- Set guidelines and thresholds for quality, testing and overall release strategy
- Navigate technical improvements and engineering excellence together with the developer teams
Why you´ll love it here
• Well-funded, stable and innovative company backed by ProSiebenSat1 and Discovery
• Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
• Brand new office located in the heart of Munich with parking, showers and a canteen
• Competitive compensation package
• Flexible working times and home office when you need it
• Highly international working environment
• State-of-the-art coffee machines, free fruits, snacks and beverages
• Company movie events, table tennis, pool table and kicker
Are you ready? We're fast, we’re well-funded and growing quickly. Joyn has just started, it's the best time to
join us and shape our vision.