Senior Android Engineer - ExoPlayer (m/f/d)
Tech – Software
Do you love stories? If so, please keep reading, because we certainly do. We believe the ability to tell stories is what makes us human. Joyn is your streaming app with over 50 live TV channels, exclusive previews, originals and collections. We understand Joyn as a partnership – an invitation to content-providers and users alike to make entertainment more meaningful and fun. Our app aggregates global and especially local content in a relevant way for Germany, both live TV and on-demand content. All kinds of stories and more to come, everyday.
We hire the best, because we need people that are as customer-focused as we are. We are looking for champions to help us further connect with our audience. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. Do you think you’re up for it? Great. Then send us your application!
About the Job
We are looking for a Senior Android Engineer to work together with a team of highly experienced individuals with competences in software development on web and mobile, video player frameworks, video advertisement, and user experience, developing what is at the core of Joyn's consumer offering - the video player.
What you tell people at parties
"My code runs on millions of devices, making sure people have a great video playback experience on 7TV"
What you do
- Build the best video player on the market!
- develop and integrate components for streaming video playback, ad management, and user interaction on Android
- Take ownership of your code, monitor its performance, continuously aim at optimizing consumer experience
- Follow trends in software and streaming tech and turn your insights into features and improvements for your product
How you do it
- Apply agile development methodologies, and prioritize your work together with PO and engineers in the team
- Work autonomously as a team, be accountable for your product, and how it fits into the big picture
- Find a healthy balance of speed and sustainability
- Learn from both success and failure, actively coach and get coached by the team
What we are asking
- university degree in computer science, information technology, media engineering, or equivalent
- interest in and ideally experience with video streaming in general, and ExoPlayer in particular
- working experience with CI/CD pipelines, test- and deployment automation
- interest in and ideally knowledge of streaming tech
- good English language skills - English is our team language
Why you´ll love working at Joyn
● Fast-paced startup backed by two of the biggest names in digital entertainment: ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery Networks International
● Great opportunities for personal and professional growth
● Ability to put your stamp on an innovative product
● Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
● Office located in the heart of Munich
● Competitive compensation package
● Flexible working times
● Highly international working environment
● State-of-the-art coffee machines, free fruits, snacks and beverages
Are you ready? We're fast, we’re well-funded and growing quickly. Joyn has just started, it's the best time to join us and shape our vision.