Senior Product Manager- Recommender Systems (m/f/d)
Product – Product Management
Do you love stories? If so, please keep reading, because we certainly do. We believe the ability to tell stories is what makes us human. Joyn is your streaming app with over 50 live TV channels, exclusive previews, originals and collections. We understand Joyn as a partnership – an invitation to content-providers and users alike to make entertainment more meaningful and fun. Our app aggregates global and especially local content in a relevant way for Germany, both live TV and on-demand content. All kinds of stories and more to come, everyday.
We hire the best, because we need people that are as customer-focused as we are. We are looking for champions to help us further connect with our audience. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. Do you think you’re up for it? Great. Then send us your application!
ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for an experienced agile Product Manager to drive the development of Joyn's Recommender Systems together with a team of highly skilled engineers with software, data science, and UX backgrounds, ensuring that Joyn customers are delighted when discovering new content, no matter when, where, and on what device.
WHAT YOU TELL PEOPLE AT PARTIES
“I bring high-quality personalized recommendations to Joyn users and help them find great content depending on their individual taste as well as device, location and time of their current usage.”
WHAT WOULD YOU DO
- Put the user at the heart of what you do
- Develop and execute the vision, product strategy and roadmap for content recommendations in our products and additional channels
- Become an authority on your product area and identify areas of opportunity through research and data
- Define, understand, and improve key funnels and metrics
- Own features and experiments of the recommender system end-to-end, including writing product specs and creating wires, driving cross-functional execution, making thoughtful product decisions along the way, and sharing insights and results throughout the company.
- Gather and prioritize requirements from your stakeholders and manage their expectations
- Own and maintain your team's backlog
WHAT WE'RE ASKING
- Working experience as a (senior) product manager in a fast-paced agile software development environment
- Ability to identify user pain points and drive product innovation
- Experience in KPI-driven decision making
- Background in data science or machine learning
- Ideally, experience with recommender systems
- Ideally, experience working with media or streaming products
- Structured and self-driven working style, eagerness to learn
- Good English language skills - English is our team language
What you can tell people at a party
“I work for this really cool tech startup and advise them to take the right decisions on behalf of their users.”
Why you´ll love working at Joyn
● Fast-paced startup backed by two of the biggest names in digital entertainment: ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery Networks International
● Great opportunities for personal and professional growth
● Ability to put your stamp on an innovative product
● Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
● Office located in the heart of Munich
● Competitive compensation package
● Flexible working times
● Highly international working environment
● State-of-the-art coffee machines, free fruits, snacks and beverages
Are you ready? We're fast, we’re well-funded and growing quickly. Joyn has just started, It's the best time to join us and shape our vision.