Team Lead- Backend CMS m/f/d
Tech – Software
Do you love stories? If so, please keep reading, because we certainly do. We believe the ability to tell stories is what makes us human. Joyn is your streaming app with over 50 live TV channels, exclusive previews, originals and collections. We understand Joyn as a partnership – an invitation to content-providers and users alike to make entertainment more meaningful and fun. Our app aggregates global and especially local content in a relevant way for Germany, both live TV and on-demand content. All kinds of stories and more to come, everyday.
We hire the best, because we need people that are as customer-focused as we are. We are looking for champions to help us further connect with our audience. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. Do you think you’re up for it? Great. Then send us your application!
ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for a Team Lead that can drive engineering for our CMS Team. The CMS team is building the editorial capabilities for our brand new streaming app that aggregates multiple content partners on the German market into one highly personalised user experience including live streaming, catch up content and premium subscription-based streaming content. You will be building the headless Content Management Systems that enables editors to curate the content across platforms with your team and be able to solve all the engineering challenges that come with scale and diversity of platforms.
We believe in giving our autonomous teams a challenging mission and look for leaders that can phrase the mission for teams and like to build, grow and guide our engineering team to its full potential. You foster collaboration, lead by example and thrive in a fast paced environment while providing the technical vision and strategy to the teams and help them execute. This role is reporting directly into the Director Engineering for Consumer products.
WHAT YOU TELL PEOPLE AT PARTIES
“I am working with my awesome engineering teams to rapidly build and test features and products that entertain people”
WHAT YOU DO
- Build, grow and guide the CMS engineering teams that build or headless CMS and surrounding micro services - through external and internal hiring as well as developing our engineering talent into new challenges and roles.
- Support individuals in their career development and personal growthSet the technology vision and architectural direction for your team and execute against that vision and agreed target state.
- Work closely with the Product Organisation and embrace lean and agile product development practises and data-driven decision making.
- Continuously identify and resolves technical debt, quality issues and gaps in engineering processes.
- Apply pragmatic solutions, find the right tradeoffs and seeks to reduce complexity to help teams deliver and increase leverage for the organisation.
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices.
- Translate product and business vision and strategy into your team and translate into outward looking technology strategy.
- Create a healthy culture of collaboration and inclusion, lead by example in line with the engineering and company values where people can fulfil their potential and actively manage performance.
- Hire and retain top talent in the industry; inspire the organisation by exceeding expectations of consumers, stakeholders, and product and engineering teams.
- Focus on learning, applying, and extending best-in-class industry practices to continue to raise the bar on providing developer delight and speed of delivery for the teams;
WHAT WE'RE ASKING
- Confirmed engineering leader to provide mentorship, vision, and motivation for teams and transform it into a successful execution strategy;
- Significant, sound, and proven experience in working with headless CMS systems and microservices in Node.js
- Adept at developing in php and Node.js
- Understanding of event driven architectures and experience working with Kafka is a plus
- Proven track record of taking a pragmatic approach while solving problems
- Being a good listener, but also argue for the cause when needed
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment and able to deal with change.
- Capable of taking a helicopter view of things to get the big picture while getting into details when needed, but understand when it is appropriate doing so.
Why you´ll love working at Joyn
● Fast-paced startup backed by two of the biggest names in digital entertainment: ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery Networks International
● Great opportunities for personal and professional growth
● Ability to put your stamp on an innovative product
● Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
● Office located in the heart of Munich
● Competitive compensation package
● Flexible working times
● Highly international working environment
● State-of-the-art coffee machines, free fruits, snacks and beverages
Are you ready? We're fast, we’re well-funded and growing quickly. Joyn has just started, it's the best time to join us and shape our vision.