Senior Data Analyst - Ads (m/f/d)
Tech – Data /
Do you love stories? If so, please keep reading, because we certainly do. We believe the ability to tell stories is what makes us human. Joyn is your streaming app with over 50 live TV channels, exclusive previews, originals and collections. We understand Joyn as a partnership – an invitation to content-providers and users alike to make entertainment more meaningful and fun. Our app aggregates global and especially local content in a relevant way for Germany, both live TV and on-demand content. All kinds of stories and more to come, everyday.
We hire the best, because we need people that are as customer-focused as we are. We are looking for champions to help us further connect with our audience. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. Do you think you’re up for it? Great. Then send us your application!
About the Job
Joyn’s Analytics team works with numerous datasets to gain insights on our customers, their behaviour and our content. These analyses support our management and various teams with their decision making. They also provide the impetus for new initiatives. The analytics team is working closely with the data engineering team, who are building our analysis platform. That way we ensure that the development of the data platform and our analysis requirements are kept in sync.
We are looking for an analyst who supports our advertising team with designing and interpreting A/B tests, analysing feature launches and the long term use of our features. While this would be your main focus, we value T-shaped profiles. therefore you will also work on other topic areas, such as content performance, subscription performance or advertising performance.
What you can expect
- Specialise in advertising analytics and be the key contact for this team
- You establish their analytical requirements and fulfil them independently
- Present the results of your analysis to your colleges, in board meetings or to the management team
- Work with Tableau and SQL statements to analyse our data
- Cooperate with our data scientist to create advanced analysis and statistical models in your area of expertise
- Raise the bar of analytics through demos, talks and mentoring both within the team and across the company
- Liaise with our data engineering team to ensure that our data analytics platform suits our analytical requirements
- Provide data and analysis support for other teams
- You have multi-year experience as a data analyst, ideally in media or ecommerce companies
- You have a degree in business, economics or information systems. Candidates with other relevant degrees or substantial practical experience are also welcome.
- You are fluent in SQL and have experience with querying databases, ideally Snowflake
- You are a proficient user of modern analytics and dashboarding tools, ideally Tableau
- You have experience with product analytics tools, ideally Mixpanel
- You have experience with data visualisation and can easily explain why you would (or would not) use a bar chart, a tree map or a lollipop chart
- You tailor your presentations to specific audiences and have experience with various types of audiences
Why you´ll love it here
• Well-funded, stable and innovative company backed by ProSiebenSat1 and Discovery
• Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
• Brand new office located in the heart of Munich with parking, showers and a canteen
• Competitive compensation package
• Flexible working times and home office when you need it
• Highly international working environment
• State-of-the-art coffee machines, free fruits, snacks and beverages
• Company movie events, table tennis, pool table and kicker
Are you ready? We're fast, we’re well-funded and growing quickly. Joyn has just started, it's the best time to
join us and shape our vision.