Security Operations Engineer - Users and Monetization (F/M/D)
Tech – Software
Do you love stories? If so, please keep reading, because we certainly do. We believe the ability to tell stories is what makes us human. Joyn is your streaming app with over 50 live TV channels, exclusive previews, originals and collections. We understand Joyn as a partnership – an invitation to content-providers and users alike to make entertainment more meaningful and fun. Our app aggregates global and especially local content in a relevant way for Germany, both live TV and on-demand content. All kinds of stories and more to come, everyday.
We hire the best, because we need people that are as customer-focused as we are. We are looking for champions to help us further connect with our audience. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. Do you think you’re up for it? Great. Then send us your application!
About the Job
We are looking for a Security Operations Engineer to help build and operate the next generation streaming platform for the German market. Together with your team you design, implement and verify security standards for Node.js/Java containerized microservices communicate through Kafka and run on Docker in AWS. In the Users and Monetization team we build a service with a 99.99% Availability (100ms latency for 95th percentile) in a multi-region setup using Cassandra with zero downtime deployments to give our customers the best user experience for a future multi-million user base. The responsibility of our service is to provide authentication (direct or third party OAuth2/SSO), authorisation, subscription and payment management with the payment providers. In addition to that stress and penetration testing needs to be performed for user and additional services.
What you tell people at parties"My services run in a large-scale cloud environment, making sure you can enjoy live streaming and video on demand in the Joyn app on any device, anywhere"
What yo do?
- Work in a team of passionate and talented engineers that self-organise and continuously deliver value by embracing a lean and agile mindset.
- Build the Security Standards for our services and verify compliance and security related topics
- Engineering is craftsmanship and you enjoy applying good engineering practises - implement processes, systems and tools to aid and you and your team team in the day to day work.
- Participate in technical design and architectural discussions within your team and with other teams solve some real consumer issues
- Learn and succeed in areas you haven’t touched before.
- Follow trends in software and streaming tech and turn your learnings into features and improvements that delight our customers and keep the service available
How you do it
- You enjoy solving difficult technical problems in the team - because 1+1=3we value autonomy in the teams and at the same time we like you to take ownership for the products you are building.
- You get a chance to work with Node.js, Kafka, AWS, Docker, you name it.
- You develop code for solving complex business problems, and you find solutions that are simple, beautiful, and sustainable
- We really care about the product and you should keep the consumer in mind when designing your solution together with product
- Learn from both success and failure, actively coach and get coached by the team
What we are asking
- a fast-paced environment is something you feel really comfortable in
- university degree in computer science, information technology or equivalent
- professional working experience in security operations and engineering
- experience of stress and penetration testing
- broad knowledge of micro service technologies
- experience with AWS services, especially security and compliance measures (config, KMS, ...)
- working experience with CI/CD, test- and deployment automation, and containers
- knowledge of security standards and frameworks; ISO 27001/2, NIST, PCI DSS, SOC 2.0, etc.
- good understanding of security programmes to address risks including patching, secure build, vulnerability scanning and remediation, logging and monitoring, threat management and user awareness
- Experience in security tooling & technologies (eg IDS, AWS security configurations/setup, Linux security configurations/setups, etc.)
- Ability to create robust, scalable and secure multi-region solution designsEnglish is our team language
What you can tell people at a party
“I work for this really cool tech startup and advise them to take the right decisions on behalf of their users.”
Why you´ll love working at Joyn
● Fast-paced startup backed by two of the biggest names in digital entertainment: ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery Networks International
● Great opportunities for personal and professional growth
● Ability to put your stamp on an innovative product
● Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
● Office located in the heart of Munich
● Competitive compensation package
● Flexible working times
● Highly international working environment
● State-of-the-art coffee machines, free fruits, snacks and beverages
Are you ready? We're fast, we’re well-funded and growing quickly. Joyn has just started, It's the best time to join us and shape our vision.