Senior Data Scientist (m/f/d)
Tech – BI
Do you love stories? If so, please keep reading, because we certainly do. We believe the ability to tell stories is what makes us human. Joyn is your streaming app with over 50 live TV channels, exclusive previews, originals and collections. We understand Joyn as a partnership – an invitation to content-providers and users alike to make entertainment more meaningful and fun. Our app aggregates global and especially local content in a relevant way for Germany, both live TV and on-demand content. All kinds of stories and more to come, everyday.
We hire the best, because we need people that are as customer-focused as we are. We are looking for champions to help us further connect with our audience. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. Do you think you’re up for it? Great. Then send us your application!
We are looking for a passionate and talented Senior Data Scientist to drive the development of our data products in the areas of customer insights and actions and personalization (in particular, recommendation). While working on the data platform that our engineering team is building, you will have an exciting opportunity to design and spearhead the technical implementation of customized data products for a fast growing online video platform while providing technical and methodological direction to your colleagues.
What would you do
- Take responsibility for the design and technical implementation of our customized data products from end-to-end
- Collaborate closely with our software engineers and with the stakeholders of the data products
- Provide technical and methodological direction as well as training and mentoring to data scientists
- Develop our data products hands-on
What do you need
- A Masters or a PhD in Computer Science or in a quantitative discipline (such as Statistics, Mathematics etc.) combined with very strong programming skills
- Multiple years of hands-on experience in the development of complex data science products in the context of an online business (ideally recommendation engines for streaming services)
- Software development skills: ability to structure and implement a (large) data science project, optimize software for performance (e.g. parallelization) and (re-) usability, and implement custom machine learning solutions
- Strong programming skills (e.g. in Python, Scala or Node.js) and experience with a big data framework (such as Spark, Storm, Flink, Hive)
- Machine learning and statistics skills: a very good understanding of the foundations and ideally a deep knowledge of concepts relevant to recommendation engines
- A drive to achieve excellent results, to learn and to collaborate closely with team members and stakeholders
What you can tell people at a party
“I work for this really cool tech startup and advise them to take the right decisions on behalf of their users.”
Why you´ll love working at Joyn
● Fast-paced startup backed by two of the biggest names in digital entertainment: ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery Networks International
● Great opportunities for personal and professional growth
● Ability to put your stamp on an innovative product
● Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
● Office located in the heart of Munich
● Competitive compensation package
● Flexible working times
● Highly international working environment
● State-of-the-art coffee machines, free fruits, snacks and beverages
Are you ready? We're fast, we’re well-funded and growing quickly. Joyn has just started, It's the best time to join us and shape our vision.