Senior Data Analyst (m/f/x)
Tech – Data /
Do you love stories? If so, please keep reading, because we certainly do. We believe the ability to tell stories is what makes us human. Joyn is your streaming app with over 50 live TV channels, exclusive previews, originals and collections. We understand Joyn as a partnership – an invitation to content-providers and users alike to make entertainment more meaningful and fun. Our app aggregates global and especially local content in a relevant way for Germany, both live TV and on-demand content. All kinds of stories and more to come, everyday.
We hire the best, because we need people that are as customer-focused as we are. We are looking for champions to help us further connect with our audience. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. Do you think you’re up for it? Great. Then send us your application!
About the Job
Joyn's Analytics team works with a wide range of user and behavioral data to provide insight and guidance to stakeholders and management. We work closely with our data team to provide a self-service data exploration platform, in addition to building and maintaining our data warehousing environment. As a component of the business operations department, we work closely with the management, the operational teams, and the strategy team to keep our finger on the pulse of Joyn’s performance and progression.
We are looking for a senior analyst who will support our team in advancing our objective of providing actionable insight to Joyn stakeholders. Initially, you can expect to work on a range of different topics, potentially including monetization analysis, content performance, and user clustering. Over time you can expect to focus your efforts and develop relationships with stakeholder teams.
What you can expect
- Translate stakeholder questions into analytical requirements and fulfill them independently
- Present the results of your analysis to your colleagues, to stakeholders, and in all-hands meetings
- Work with DBT and SQL statements to analyze our data
- Visualize insights and build powerful dashboards in Tableau
- Cooperate with our data scientist to create advanced analysis and statistical models in your area of expertise
- Raise the bar of analytics through demos, talks and mentoring both within the team and across the company
- Liaise with our data engineering team to ensure that our data analytics platform suits our analytical requirements
- Provide data and analysis support for other teams
- You have multi-year experience as a data analyst, ideally in media or eCommerce companies
- You have a degree in business, economics or information systems. Candidates with other relevant degrees or substantial practical experience are also welcome
- You are fluent in SQL and have experience with querying databases, ideally Snowflake and/or BigQuery
- You have experience aggregating multiple data sources into a single reporting layer, ideally using DBT
- You are a proficient user of modern analytics and dashboarding tools, ideally Tableau
- You have experience with product analytics tools, ideally Mixpanel
- You have experience with data visualization and can easily explain why you would (or would not) use a bar chart, a treemap or a lollipop chart
- You tailor your presentations to specific audiences and have experience with various types of audiences
Why you`ll love it here
• Well-funded, stable and innovative company backed by ProSiebenSat1 and Discovery
• Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
• Brand new office located in the heart of Munich with parking, showers and a canteen
• Competitive compensation package
• Flexible working times and home office when you need it
• Highly international working environment
• State-of-the-art coffee machines, free fruits, snacks and beverages
• Company movie events, table tennis, pool table and kicker
Are you ready? We're fast, we’re well-funded and growing quickly. Joyn has just started, it's the best time to join us and shape our vision.